1990 Thunderbird cooling lines

1990MNThunder

Hey guys, I just signed up for this forum today. I have one question. I have the base model 3.8 N/A engine in my 1990 Thunderbird. There are two holes on the water pump that the cooling lines connect to. I'm wondering where the drivers side hose goes to, and the passenger side goes to. This is the last thing that I need to get my Bird back on the road after sitting nearly 4 years! Any help is appreciated.

If I understand you correctly, the tube on top to the middle i think is the driver side hose and the one on the bottom is for the passenger side i am thinking.

Last edited:
I would be glad to post detailed pictures, but every time I upload, it fails. Including my profile picture and everything. Any tips?

The NA version water pump is different then the SC version water pump, in the amount and locations of fittings. You'll have better luck over on TCCoA for a correct answer.

SC pump picture:
5523122-01.jpg

NA pump picture:
5523119-01.jpg

The big hose intake at the bottom obviously connects to the lower radiator hose. The two smaller fittings go to the heater hoses (and, on the SC, to the oil cooler).

yea, thats what i was thinking. The top one for driver side and the bottom one right under that for pass side

Yeah, it's the N/A water pump, so I have both of the lines on the top. I just don't know where the one on the passengers side (If you are looking at the pulley) goes to. I know the drivers side goes to. And obviously the large one at the bottom.

Hey guys, I just signed up for this forum today. I have one question. I have the base model 3.8 N/A engine in my 1990 Thunderbird. There are two holes on the water pump that the cooling lines connect to. I'm wondering where the drivers side hose goes to, and the passenger side goes to. This is the last thing that I need to get my Bird back on the road after sitting nearly 4 years! Any help is appreciated.

You'll get better response posting this question in the technical forum, or better yet, over on TCCoA, as stated above. They have a lot of people with N/A 'Birds there.

JD

Alright guys, thanks for the quick responses! I figured it out myself, I found a line that I hadn't previously seen. Thanks for trying to help, and I became a member or TCCoA also. I'll keep supporting the forum though! Everyone has sweet birds here.

Back