to muncie dragway today!

mywhite89

Heading out shortly to Muncie with the Red car today. nothing really done with it extra since we raced it at the shootout last year. All the parts are starting to accumulate for its upgrades this year though:rolleyes:. We did put it on a temporary diet for the day. Wish sarah good luck and good weather!!!

Its going to be a great day for it. I didn't realize that they test n tune on saturdays up there. Mel and I would join you if I didn't have a ton of yard work to do today before I go to Virginia tomorrow:(

Its going to be a great day for it. I didn't realize that they test n tune on saturdays up there. Mel and I would join you if I didn't have a ton of yard work to do today before I go to Virginia tomorrow:(

They had a couple events going on saturday, but you can always run. That would have been cool to see you come out. It was very nice out.

Sarah ran 14.6's every run which was very consistant but slower than the 14.2-3's she was doing at the shootout last year. It was a lot warmer yesterday which makes a big difference. Heres one of the runs:

R/T .043
60' 2.204
330 6.205
1/8 9.452
MPH 75.45
1000 12.268
1.4 14.639
MPH 98.02

It has plenty of MPH to run 14.0s or high 13s. She needs to get that 60 foot down.

What tires and gears are being used?

Car has 3.73 gears, auto trans. I was camera man and didn't even ride with her to make sure the car was running right. She mentioned it seems to bog off the line so who knows. Ran ok when I babied it home though. Its wierd, at the shootout she did mid 90's at 14.2's. Now she gained mph and time. ????? whatever, its time for some more go fast parts. Just ordered everything to do some larger valve heads on it today from mr dd. I havent even touched the engine on this car yet. Its about for me to do work son!

Chris

Sounds like she's just a little rusty. That thing really needs a higher stall converter to get out of the hole. That's basically what she's describing as a bog.

What do you think, stick a 3000 stall in it? Its already got a seperate tranny cooler in it, guess I better put a temp gauge in it also. We are going for 12's at the shootout.

Chris

Casey-Do you know if the also test & tune on Fridays or Sat? I know some tracks do.

If not everyone want to try next Wed?

After Matt and I got looking around at the event we're not sure if it is quite the event for us. See pics on the link...you will get it..if you haven't all ready.

Casey-Do you know if the also test & tune on Fridays or Sat? I know some tracks do.

If not everyone want to try next Wed?

After Matt and I got looking around at the event we're not sure if it is quite the event for us. See pics on the link...you will get it..if you haven't all ready.

They're only on Wednesdays, usually. There's one on Friday July 15th, which isn't a part of the Buffalo Soldiers race.

If all goes as planned, I'll be racing in Chicago next week.

http://lucasoilraceway.com/apcm/templates/racedivisions.asp?articleid=17809&zoneid=95

Last edited:
at muncie test and tun and throphy racing is on wensdays. every third friday is fast and furious friday, the serious stuff happens on sat.

Back