Quarter Horse GB

The vendor wishes to stay behind the scenes on this one, so once the GB is complete information will be exchanged.

The price is as cheap as it is going to get.

Canada is an additonal $6.

Hope that answers everything. With the multiple chip and BE maybe Mike can answer that or it has probably already been addressed in the Members tuning section.

Last edited:
BE doesn't marry itself to a QH. One copy of BE can be used for multiple QH chips, as well as different Strategies. Moates QH is simply a feature you need to turn on via a license from Clint. The standard Binary Editor license includes two devices to be connected, one Logger, and one Tuner. i.e. I have Innovate and Moates turned on for my LM1 O2 sensor and my QH.

BE does marry itself to your computer. Once you install it on a computer and get a license, you have a license only for that computer.

I have a friend that needs one as well, need stategy for a 94 markVIII so I am in for 2 as long as we have a week or so.
Alan

I have a friend that needs one as well, need stategy for a 94 markVIII so I am in for 2 as long as we have a week or so.
Alan

94 Mark VIII appears should have a batch code of Z4H0 which would cross over to a strategy code of CZAJL. 4valve v8's are different than the 2valve. Though I'm not sure.

Alan,

I don't know about the strategy with another platform. Let me ask and I will get back with you.

On another note I might be starting another thread on a GB for LC-1 Innovative for $150 shipped to your door. If that interest anyone let me know. Just don't know who all needs one. That price is for 5.

On another note I might be starting another thread on a GB for LC-1 Innovative for $150 shipped to your door.

that's a good price if people need them. I picked up a pair on sale at the beginning of the year for $157 shipped. With BE, you can chain two sensors together and log them both.

I'd be down for a LC1. Actually does the LC1 come with a guage? If not, what about a GB on the new MTX L?

Last edited:
I'm good on the wideband I got an LM2 and it is turned on in my BE as well as the QH. Fixed it all at once when I got the stategy for my 97 (cdan4). Now all I need to do is get better at using it.
Alan

All, the only strategy that will be available is the SC. All others will have to be had from your own discretion. Sorry, but that is the best I can do, but this is a SC site. ;)

I can start another thread on the LC1s since there is interest, but it probably wont be until next month.

Last edited:
All, the only strategy that will be available is the SC.

I believe what that means, for this group buy the only strategy you can select (included in the price) is one that is valid for the SC. If you want a non SC or additional strategy, that will be at an additional cost, usually between $25 and $35 dollars. this can still be a savings to you if you want a qh depending what shipping costs to you are.

Last edited:
I have another buddy wanting one and he needs to get the stategy for his 84svo. I don't mind paying up to $35 extra for the correct stategy and just getting the sc stratgey to have, the cost confuses me I paid $200 for my cdan4 strategy.
Alan

I'm very curious as to the source of your strategy files you are selling, as I'm only aware of 2 sources for the one strategy, and 1 source for the other 3 strategies which will cover the supercoupe's.

An FYI, there is 4 strategies to cover the SC's, and they are not interchangable.

Fraser

These QH only come with the SC Strategy that is all that is available with this GB. Unless you are talking to Mike about what he is looking into with Strategy(s).

I'm very curious as to the source of your strategy files you are selling, as I'm only aware of 2 sources for the one strategy, and 1 source for the other 3 strategies which will cover the supercoupe's.

An FYI, there is 4 strategies to cover the SC's, and they are not interchangable.

Fraser

I figured it was you, I'm out of guesses now.
I will get with my buddies today and tomorrow to see what they want to do I am on the fence because I will still need strategies to use them and I can technically get the unit for less buying it direct without the strategy. Is there a different price for purchase without strategy at all? Not to sound lazy but if I need a SC tuned there are 2 guys I will trust and I am not one of them.
Alan

Last edited:
THis is starting to get confusing. I dont want to commit if I am not able to get whats advertised. If there are 4 different strategies and Fraser has propietary rights to three of them what does the group buy strategy fit? YEar/code?

THis is starting to get confusing. I dont want to commit if I am not able to get whats advertised. If there are 4 different strategies and Fraser has propietary rights to three of them what does the group buy strategy fit? YEar/code?

Its not so much the rights issue, but where are the strategies coming from as I am only aware of myself doing the strategies that cover the SC's from 91 to 95. One other person besides myself did the strategy that covers the 89/90 SC's.

I'm not trying to cause a problem here or bork this group buy, but I do feel obligated being a club member to point out a possible issue.

The strategy/definition files are as follows.

GURE -> 89's-90's
GSALC -> most 91's
GSALI -> 92's-93's
CZAW0 -> 94's-95's

At this time besides myself, the only other person that sells the definition files that I've done is Dave Dalke.

Fraser

The strategy will work for your car and they will be the proper unit for your vehicle. This product will work and it is the most updated SC strategy available for your vehicle.

I am not understanding what the issue is. The set price for the QH and the SC strategy(ies) for your car is 265 shipped to your door. If you want to say $35 for the strategy go ahead and subtract that from the price and the QH will cost you 235 break the price up however makes you happy.

I have never sold a product that did not work or meet the expectations. I did sell a set of shocks that were damaged during shipping, but that issue was resolved and the person was awarded a full refund.

If you are uncomfortable with this purchase please do not do it, but I promise you that it will work and you will be dealing with the proper tuning equipment and tuning professional.

Fraser, your input to the community is greatly appreciated, but not having all the information and posting doubts in the thread does not help anyone. If you want to talk in PMs feel free.

You'll need to get the def files through the tuner, the SC ones on the BE
website are not current versions. The def files will be encrypted so
each person will need to contact the tuner again with their machine code for their particular strategy (SC's only). They'll have to register BE through Clint first before they can generate a def file specific machine code.

Last edited:
Back