The SCCofSC has a pulse!

RonzSC

Believe it or not, but many of the old Time SCCofSC guys still are around and still have their SCs. From what I've read and verified on the phone , the following members are around'

John Shelton,
Ronnie
Garcia (Ronzsc),
Tinknocker,
SuperCoupe007.
MannySC

Anyone else want to checkk in ?

Last edited:
Hey Ron,
The pulse is very very very low. Its more like the so-cal group is in a comma, but like u said we still have a pulse :D

I still have my SC, some wear and tear from time and stuff, but I still have her and hope to have running in the next few months..

I sure do miss hearing her whinning and whinning and whinning :D Its like music to my ears.

Hey Ron,
The pulse is very very very low. Its more like the so-cal group is in a comma, but like u said we still have a pulse :D

I still have my SC, some wear and tear from time and stuff, but I still have her and hope to have running in the next few months..

I sure do miss hearing her whinning and whinning and whinning :D Its like music to my ears.

Well, we may need the paddles to jump-start us again. We need some paint and otherwise, we are running good on the 35th Anniv. .

Im in LA. Doing a little restoration on the SC after i saved her from rotting in my dads back yard back in Chicago.

I'm still here too; out in Riverside now. My bird was sitting for the past two years or so, and I just started driving it again. I had my hood come up on me a few months ago which really messed up the dash board, so I paid a visit to a junk yard in Ontario, and spent the whole day gutting the interior. I found an lx bird that had perfect interior, and couldn't pass it up (it was a 93 with no cracks in the dash). I'll put some pics of it up soon; hopefully I'll have it back together soon.

RonzSC, I don't know what it is about you, but it sure seems that you have the magic to resurrect the so-cal chapter :eek:. I think this is the most posts we have had in a short period of time for a very very very long time. :)

Well I guess like most people my beloved SC has not seen any BOOST for over 3 years, so I think its time to bring her back to life and let her do as much WHINNING as she wants :D

whitebird93:::: Yes, please do take some pics and share them with us, and tell us a bit about your SC. I always like to know about a new member in our local chapter!

yeah i will try and get some pics up soon. Hopefully it cools down a little bit. it has been to hot outside to do any work.

whitebird::: It's hot where u are at? Are you in Los Angeles? Well yeah, share some pictures with us when you get a chance.

Thanks,
:cool:

I haven't officially been indoctrinated into the SCCofSC yet, as I have yet to have my bird in Cali.. Moved here a little over a year ago, and left my project back East where we moved from. It had no motor in it (just like I had bought it from Shane Glynn (Quick35th)). This July I flew back East and spent 2 weeks on it pulling the motor out of my donor car, stripping the parts off it and attaching them to my new block. Also welded in a new core support, as the one that was in the car had been replaced at one point in its life with an incorrect one, and it was set in there crooked as well. Well to sum it up, it is running (minus the exhaust system) and it sitting back East waiting for me to acquire more funds to put an exhaust system on it. Right now it has got just the ported stock manifolds on it with the Magnaflow cats and they both dump under the driver/pass seat. I haven't really put many miles on it yet to break it in good, but my brother has been zipping it up and down the back roads where he lives a few miles a week (helps that our sister in a county sheriff and calls him when it is clear to take it for a spin)

Plans are to have it here by the end of next summer, likely having it shipped via car hauler. Still not sure on exactly how to get it registered here in CA, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when it gets here (it is all stock emissions wise right down to the EGR). I have the clear title in my name, but it is a VA title. I think the easiest way to do it would be for me to go ahead and register it in VA at my brothers address so that it is active before I bring it out here to go through the motions.

Anyways here are a few pics of my 1990 Anniversary 5sp:

2011-06-24_20-27-41_614.jpg

Welding in the new support:
2011-06-26_16-44-54_108.jpg

The front bumper on it was pretty hosed, but I had another that I got from Eddie in North Carolina a few years back.
2011-07-02_16-41-37_199.jpg

A1cntrler::: Welcome to the so-cal chapter :) Your SC looks in really good condition!!! It's always good to have a welder in the so-cal chapter :rolleyes: (RonzSC has a project where he might need your information/suggestions). Since your sister is part of the county sheriff, you guys should play cops and robbers where she chases you in the SC. It would be good to know how our SC's stack up to the cop cars. :p

Well like most of the so-cal members, we have been hibernating and trying to get our SC's back on the road. Well hopefully you can join us at what ever events we have in so-cal. Hopefully next summer we can see your gem when you bring her over.. a 35th in 5-speed has to to be loads of fun.
:)

My first SC was an '89 5 speed. Found it in the classifieds back when I was a E-1 in the Navy and was actually looking for a Mustang. I had that SC for a few years, never learned much about it tho and as an E-1 of course didn't have the funds to do anything fun with it. Blew the head gasket in it and couldn't afford to fix it so sold it. Went through a few other cars since then ('88 Isuzu Impulse, '93 Ranger Splash, '95 Grand Prix) but I couldn't stop thinking about the SC. When the funds and time and the right car aligned, I had to take advantage.. I hope to know what it is like to drive around in that '90 Annie someday soon.

It is in really good condition. I have yet to find any rust on it, and I have been under, inside and outside of it while working on it. Of course the interior could be in better condition. Like most Annies, the grey leather was dried out and crack and has been replace at one point in its life with some grey suede leather that has accumulated quite a bit of dirt/stains in it. Would like to eventually source the correct leather or something very close to it to have it replaced with.

A1cntrler::: When I was looking for my SC, I was looking for a 94~95 Automatic, because I liked the dashboard look as it felt like the cockpit of a fighter jet, and I wanted it to be an automatic since in Los Angeles there is way too much traffic. Well while I kept looking for my perfect 94~95 auto, I ran into a 90 SC 5-speed. It was in MINT condition. No dents, scracthes or dings. All it was missing was the new car smell. Well needless to say I coudln't pass up on this SC. The only thing I wasn't really pleased was that it was a 5-speed instead of automatic but the more I drove it, I quickly realized that it being a 5-speed was the best. Over the time I have had
84 T-Brid Turbo Coupe
90 T-Bird 3.8 N/A
90 T-Bird 3.8 SC Auto
90 T-Bird 3.8 SC 5-Speed **current**
Well my SC hasn't been driven for about 3 years, so I want to get her back on the road, so I am diging into her to see what she needs.

Well I would stil like a 95 5-speed, but it would have to me a moonlight blue (interior color not sure of) but maybe down the road..

who want to come over to palmdale when i first start up my twin turbo sc .. i want her running by the end of september .. so who's down lol

I will come over. I spent most of my weekend working on my new sc. lots of cleaning and a trip to the junkyard for plastic parts that were broken. Need to buff out a few scratches I noticed. Anyway would like to get together soon.

ironworker:::: I think I should be able to join you that day :). So is that celebration going to be with some carne asada tacos or something? :p

Well hopefully by the time you are ready to fire up your TT Bird mine should be good to go! :cool:

i think there is about 10 othere guys or more that want to see this car run .. bbq and beer and hear the beast come a live thats what im talking about

well there is nothing further to say. Ironworker, how about you start a new POST for the grand starting BBQ and beer/water of your Twin Turbo Super Coupe, and we can get an SC count and start working out the details.. Needless to say lets include my name on that list
:cool:

Back