Annual Thompson Raceway Park Ford vs. Chevy Race

XR7 Dave

If anyone in NE Ohio is interested, I am planning to be at the annual Ford vs. Chevy event at Thompson Raceway Park this Sunday. $15 to race which is pretty cheap and usually not a lot of cars so plenty of time to get in runs. Gates open at 9am.

I'm going to be driving the stealth XR7 (the one with the radar absorbing paint job) if anyone wants the chance to say they beat XR7Dave, lol.

Is there a size limit on the stock or can I bring any stick to beat you with :)
seriously I will look into it, this white 97 needs some runs on it I just don't know if I can get caught up in time.
Alan

Bring whatever stick you think is big enough to get the job done. :p

Where is that skinny kid with the whooshmobile? He can't be that broke.....

Well it wasn't exactly a good day for racing with a DA of about 4100ft and temps in the mid 80's but we had fun anyway. With my mostly stock XR7 (only mods being CAI, MPII (but stock inlet), and UD pulleys), I ran a best of 14.69 @ 94.5mph. ACT's were killer due to the stock IC and the blower making about 15psi boost (stock drive ratio). Next up is a better exhaust system!

I did bolt on the slicks for one pass just to see how that would go but I screwed up the launch and then had to take them off again in order to be legal in my class. I normally despise running a 5spd on street tires - well I still despise it - but I didn't have much choice. I ended up running faster on street tires anyway due to the botched launch attempt with the slicks.

Anyway, that was it. I lost to a Focus when I redlit and then broke out on top of that. It was good to get the car dialed in though with it as is so now I can chart improvements over time with this car.

Oh ya, I made one pass with the 87 octane tune in the car just for giggles. 15.8 @ 89mph. That was pretty embarrassing.

Back