Do you REALLY want a real banquet at the shootout

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
So Dave has been looking into doing a banquet at the shootout hotel. The deal is a real sit down banquet will cost a MINIMUM of $40 per person PLUS drinks would not be included. So figure at least $50 per person total cost.

It seems like this is what most people want so we are ready to pull the trigger on this but we want to be certain this is what you all really want.

Is this where the awards or raffle stuff will be too? Or just a sit down and eat provided by the hotel?

I don't need a sit down and eat.

I could bring some tables if we decide to do our own thing food wise. If thats what everyone needs is a table to sit and relax at. I don't have a bunch of chairs, but do have a few.

I am in for either. I have a couple 6 foot folding tables that I could bring down, should be ok with bag chairs to eat on.

The stretch excursion has a hitch.I'll tow the Sc down with it. We can fill it up with trophys and have a banquet in there lol

All i know is that I plan on having my friend tow me down there. so that means im paying for him, and my gf, so that extra $50 a head on the admission is going to put me outa the game indeffinitly if this is a mandatory addition to the admission price.

I don't care, we could forget about the food, forget the trophies give out small metal plaques instead and it wouldn't bother me one bit, in fact they would be easier to put on the inside lid of my tool box, which I am sure would please many people.
Alan

All i know is that I plan on having my friend tow me down there. so that means im paying for him, and my gf, so that extra $50 a head on the admission is going to put me outa the game indeffinitly if this is a mandatory addition to the admission price.

didnt you just come back from a vacation???? All about priorities man and apparently this isnt one of them!

what about just a banquet room at a resturaunt? Then we don't have to drag stuff w/ and don't have to deal the that hotel..any people could just buy what ever they wanted/could afford AND we get to sit down!!

skip the banquet style dinner and just do a cook out outside with folding chairs and tables? Burgers, Brats and tons of beer!

Ouch!

Yeah that might be a little steep for a lot of people to handle.

I really liked the grilling out and eating our own cooked food, even if I have to help, that is fine with me. Always enjoy my own cooking better than eating out.

The only addition I can think of is having the tables/chairs arranged so we could all sit at least close together in a BBQ style set up, instead of going back to our cars and eating beside them.

I also have folding tables and chairs that I should be able to figure a way to bring.

Banquet IMO is too much to pay.

Smitty

Although that will hurt my wallet, I still think it would be nice if everyone could sit down and eat at the same time. The banquet style eating was nice in the past. That said, I predict at least 85% of the people that reply to this thread will be against spending $40 per person for 1 meal.

I will go with whatever is decided. Its getting awful close to the shootout date and I havet even seen registration or Hotel info yet

Ken

I rather fill up that tank with 40 bux. But sit down is nice. I think a restaurant that can take us in as a group would be better, Everyone pays for their plate. And then the awards can be squizzed while we wait for our food. It take like 10 min to hand out the stuff. I went to my room last year and 10 minutes into it I had already missed the awards ceremony.

But whatever will be will be.

My thoughts/costs

Although that will hurt my wallet, I still think it would be nice if everyone could sit down and eat at the same time. The banquet style eating was nice in the past. That said, I predict at least 85% of the people that reply to this thread will be against spending $40 per person for 1 meal.

The banquet style eating was nice in the past.

I agree it was nice, but it also didn't cost much extra for this type of eating arrangement.

That said, I predict at least 85% of the people that reply to this thread will be against spending $40 per person for 1 meal.

Whatever is decided I will be there and pay the price for it, I am just saying it might actually be a deal breaker for some that are low on funds or have just enough to make it to the shootout.

For instance, not trying to scare anyone away, cause the Shootout is a great event to attend, but it will probably cost me around $600-$650 to attend this years shootout. That was without the extra banquet cost. I am 5.5 hours away driving my Suburban, towing my SC on a trailer. So we have gas($200), hotel 2 nights ($160), food not included in Reg. ($75), race fuel if I get any ($30), ice ($20), extra drinks/Hot chocolate, depending on the weather LOL ;) ($25), That $510 right there,and we haven't included any registration cost yet! History says $100 for me and $65 for wife.

I am now up to $675 for this years shootout. That price drops by about $100 if my wife decides not join me.

All I am trying to say is that an extra $40-$100 may make it very difficult for some to attend, especially if bring a significant other.

Smitty

Last edited:
I personally prefer the DIY style of banquet/party. That said the gang I hang with back home revolves around an amature BBQ team and we all have lots of equipment and typically don't have to cook for 100+ folks. I understand how big a job it is! To me it's not so much the money but the value. $40-50 isn't that much, but if that means dry chicken, store bought potato salad + slaw, count me out. I'll just go out to dinner...

I will gladly contribute my time/money/grill skilz to the club if anybody cares...;)

Back