Finally got the Marauder back to the track

Good job with the car chris. Why will it not go faster than 10.80's with the whipple? Is that maxxed?

Do you nVA guys ever travel to Richmond Dragway?

Thanks. Well it is 4200lbs with driver.;) Could prolly get it to go a little faster. Need more seat time at the track or get it to a dyno and see how much timing it likes.

Never been to richmond dragway. We do hit VMP a couple times a year. How strict are they on tech?

Dang Chris, that thing needs to go on a diet:p

I've never been to richmond dragway but would make the trip if I knew there were going to be some fast v6's out there(it's a couple hr's from me). I mostlly run at motor mile dragway or elk creek down this way.

I like the way you fabbed the sump. What material is the added metal? I'm going to make a dip in my stock tank and fab a dual hanger that sits inside the dip that bolts to the fuel hat from the outside. Dont know if the material I add as to be aluminum or not.

Funny thing is it has already been on a diet. Crash bumpers are out, air bags out, radio gutted just the face is there with the nitrous purge in the mute button, lighter seats, narrowed front wheels.

It was some sheet metal from lowes 16 gauge I think.

Here a few pics of what I did.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was over on moddedmustangs.com reading in the drag section and there is a 3v running 110mph in the 1/8th with a 2.3 whipple. Seen that and thought of this car ha.

I'd be happy to knock off some 6.80's with the v6 and the tiny 62mm turbo lol.

Well we hit up Cecil for the last time this year. Put 100 shot of N2O to it. It pulled a 1.41 60' and ran 10.31 at 128. Ran a 10.89 without the juice. Then on one pass the launch was so violent the inertia switch tripped immediatly. I'll get som videos up later.

Here is a video from the 10.31 run.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dx8xb1YtfEA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1.41 60 ft time is awesome in that big ~~~ car. Wish I could see the videos but youtube is blocked over here in Afghani-land.

Its footbrake with a MSD 2 step set at 2100. The 2 step is turned on by the OD being turned off then the brake lights activate it, when the brake is released it goes. The blower is making about 10psi on the 2 step then the n2o is on a window switch set to activate at 3k. Torque converter is 3800.

Just finished putting a new trans in it yesterday. Hit up carlisle this weekend then 1 week to get it back on the track and see what the 3.4 whipple can do.

Blown38: Are you by any chance on any of the marauder forums? I've talked to doom a few times, and my buddy used to go to college with him.

Steve

Wow, my hat is off to you. I would have never believed a big old Mercury could run like that. And your engine bay is nothing less than beautiful. Great job on a really great car.

Back