Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 172

Thread: Shootout!!! What do you have left to do?!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Greenville, IN
    Posts
    4,227

    Shootout!!! What do you have left to do?!

    It's always fun to watch/read about everybody's cramming efforts on their SC's the weeks preceding the SC Shootout.

    What's on YOUR list this year?!

    My list:

    1) Paint the ole 89 SC! (maybe I won't be know as the guy with the silver trunklid after this year....but then again...)
    2) Finish my fine-tuning from last year's shootout. (yeah, it's been almost a year...lazy me )
    3) [optional] buy / prepare an SC for my wife to race too!
    4) sell some junk so that I can afford the trip.
    5) Buy a racing helmet
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    48125,michigan
    Posts
    4,137
    I need to get the car on a trailer and haul it down there....
    I been drivin my Sc daily for the last 6months

    Already have my nittos mounted on a spare set of rims

    Only other thing is I have to get a windsheild installed before I can race

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFishbone View Post
    It's always fun to watch/read about everybody's cramming efforts on their SC's the weeks preceding the SC Shootout.

    What's on YOUR list this year?!

    My list:

    1) Paint the ole 89 SC! (maybe I won't be know as the guy with the silver trunklid after this year....but then again...)
    2) Finish my fine-tuning from last year's shootout. (yeah, it's been almost a year...lazy me )
    3) [optional] buy / prepare an SC for my wife to race too!
    4) sell some junk so that I can afford the trip.
    5) Buy a racing helmet
    Hey Matt! Long time since I've seen you on! Doubt I will have the sc reassembled before the shootout I have been wanting to goto us 60 or Ohio valley for test and tune soon. Be a good time to do some pre shootout testing if you want to go let me know!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Channahon Il
    Posts
    1,421
    Modify transmission housing install trans design and build some brackets for it all buy some parts that are needed to do it. Also install new intake manifold and then tune it. Not much lol. Not looking good for me this year.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,158
    Finish some painting
    Install a ground cable (already made up) from the battery to the front
    Street tune with DD
    Clean up the interior and detail and wax
    Sell another Double IC to help finiance the trip

    Other than that I am good. Was even thinking of modding a set of wheels from 71/2" to 91/2" for the ETs but I doubt I will have time

    Ken

    93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, air intercooled..yet to see

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    7,333
    get on expedia, buy a plane tix. And reserve a car, then show up.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC
    Old numbers on 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs, New numbers 480whp on dream crusher.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car
    2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero 2.0L TURBO Work Mule

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,158
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    get on expedia, buy a plane tix. And reserve a car, then show up.

    I hear you can get a good rental price on a KIA

    Ken

    93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, air intercooled..yet to see

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Greenville, IN
    Posts
    4,227
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    get on expedia, buy a plane tix. And reserve a car, then show up.
    Not bringing your car Rico?

    Better than missing it though...
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Greenville, IN
    Posts
    4,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    Hey Matt! Long time since I've seen you on! Doubt I will have the sc reassembled before the shootout I have been wanting to goto us 60 or Ohio valley for test and tune soon. Be a good time to do some pre shootout testing if you want to go let me know!
    C'mon Jacob -you could pull it off!

    I should probably add visiting Ohio Valley Speedway to my list. Besides finding a lonely straight stretch where there aren't ample 4-legged obstacles, the 1/8mi is the best chance I'll get to do some serious tuning. I may try to hit it a couple of weeks before the shootout (in case I break anything). I do need to make a trip down there though...
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    20,888
    I just need some C16 and an hour on the dyno to dial in the race tune (turbo car).

    David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

    My Garage

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    5,068
    Install my starter, screw the slicks to the wheels make a bracket for the radiator and thats about it.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Greenville, IN
    Posts
    4,227
    Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    I just need some C16 and an hour on the dyno to dial in the race tune (turbo car).

    David
    I've been wanting to see your turbo car for awhile now David - glad to hear you're bringing it this year.
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFishbone View Post
    C'mon Jacob -you could pull it off!

    I should probably add visiting Ohio Valley Speedway to my list. Besides finding a lonely straight stretch where there aren't ample 4-legged obstacles, the 1/8mi is the best chance I'll get to do some serious tuning. I may try to hit it a couple of weeks before the shootout (in case I break anything). I do need to make a trip down there though...
    US-60 is a better track! but they supposedly repaved the valley last year. It felt like driving in the rain last time i was there I want to take the Cobra and see what the 8's feel like lol

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    20,888
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFishbone View Post
    I've been wanting to see your turbo car for awhile now David - glad to hear you're bringing it this year.
    Thanks...I need to make up for it's embarrasing Shootout performance in 2008, not to mention the 2nd pass meltdown in 2005. Just hope I'm bringing enough to hang with Lazzo, he's been real quite lately

    David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

    My Garage

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wintersville, OH
    Posts
    4,067
    I need to mount up slicks, make a practice pass or two and load it on the trailer, racing on straight pump gas, on the street tune.
    Making woosh sounds since 2010!

Similar Threads

  1. Shootout Comments / suggestions
    By XR7 Dave in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 04:11 PM
  2. SC Shootout Recap.....:)
    By XR7 Dave in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 10:55 AM
  3. SC Shootout Registration update: Updated 9/17/07
    By XR7 Dave in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 07:31 PM
  4. C&L Sponsors SC Shootout
    By XR7 Dave in forum Group Purchases / Specials
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •