Shootout!!! What do you have left to do?!

DrFishbone

SCCoA Member
It's always fun to watch/read about everybody's cramming efforts on their SC's the weeks preceding the SC Shootout. :D

What's on YOUR list this year?!

My list:

1) Paint the ole 89 SC! (maybe I won't be know as the guy with the silver trunklid after this year....but then again...)
2) Finish my fine-tuning from last year's shootout. (yeah, it's been almost a year...lazy me :eek:)
3) [optional] buy / prepare an SC for my wife to race too! :cool:
4) sell some junk so that I can afford the trip. :rolleyes:
5) Buy a racing helmet

I need to get the car on a trailer and haul it down there....
I been drivin my Sc daily for the last 6months

Already have my nittos mounted on a spare set of rims

Only other thing is I have to get a windsheild installed before I can race :rolleyes:

It's always fun to watch/read about everybody's cramming efforts on their SC's the weeks preceding the SC Shootout. :D

What's on YOUR list this year?!

My list:

1) Paint the ole 89 SC! (maybe I won't be know as the guy with the silver trunklid after this year....but then again...)
2) Finish my fine-tuning from last year's shootout. (yeah, it's been almost a year...lazy me :eek:)
3) [optional] buy / prepare an SC for my wife to race too! :cool:
4) sell some junk so that I can afford the trip. :rolleyes:
5) Buy a racing helmet

Hey Matt! Long time since I've seen you on! Doubt I will have the sc reassembled before the shootout :( I have been wanting to goto us 60 or Ohio valley for test and tune soon. Be a good time to do some pre shootout testing if you want to go let me know!

Modify transmission housing install trans design and build some brackets for it all buy some parts that are needed to do it. Also install new intake manifold and then tune it. Not much lol. Not looking good for me this year.

Finish some painting
Install a ground cable (already made up) from the battery to the front
Street tune with DD
Clean up the interior and detail and wax
Sell another Double IC to help finiance the trip:rolleyes:

Other than that I am good. Was even thinking of modding a set of wheels from 71/2" to 91/2" for the ETs but I doubt I will have time

Ken

Hey Matt! Long time since I've seen you on! Doubt I will have the sc reassembled before the shootout :( I have been wanting to goto us 60 or Ohio valley for test and tune soon. Be a good time to do some pre shootout testing if you want to go let me know!

C'mon Jacob -you could pull it off! :cool:

I should probably add visiting Ohio Valley Speedway to my list. Besides finding a lonely straight stretch where there aren't ample 4-legged obstacles, the 1/8mi is the best chance I'll get to do some serious tuning. I may try to hit it a couple of weeks before the shootout (in case I break anything). :) I do need to make a trip down there though...

Install my starter, screw the slicks to the wheels make a bracket for the radiator and thats about it.

C'mon Jacob -you could pull it off! :cool:

I should probably add visiting Ohio Valley Speedway to my list. Besides finding a lonely straight stretch where there aren't ample 4-legged obstacles, the 1/8mi is the best chance I'll get to do some serious tuning. I may try to hit it a couple of weeks before the shootout (in case I break anything). :) I do need to make a trip down there though...

US-60 is a better track! but they supposedly repaved the valley last year. It felt like driving in the rain last time i was there :) I want to take the Cobra and see what the 8's feel like lol

I've been wanting to see your turbo car for awhile now David - glad to hear you're bringing it this year. :)

Thanks...I need to make up for it's embarrasing Shootout performance in 2008, not to mention the 2nd pass meltdown in 2005. Just hope I'm bringing enough to hang with Lazzo, he's been real quite lately :rolleyes:

David

I need to mount up slicks, make a practice pass or two and load it on the trailer, racing on straight pump gas, on the street tune.

Not bringing your car Rico? :(

Better than missing it though...

Ill make strives at bringing the 35th. But it needs a tune and Alky. And the Qh is not in my hands and so I cannot get started on doing any of that just yet.

6 weeks till then right? Ill be on vacation for a week. So I got 5 weeks or so :rolleyes:

.....And furthermore needs an alignment.

Lotss of work!

I have to install my motor this saturday morning, and get it tuned next week to take down to 131 Speedway and race my dad's mustang :) Then get everything cleaned up, and tuned in for the drive down.

Already got Friday off from work, so I will be heading down Thursday night!

Back