New to the SC world!!

1QUICKDAD

Purchased a 93 SC a few months ago white,auto,tinted windows,some dings,paint is alil flat:confused:but the motor had a fresh rebuilt bottom end,interior is the cleanest ive ever seen in all my 28 cars ive owned.I gave $1400 for it with new tires all the way around,now its needs some work, front end squeks when turning so loud its horrible!!:eek:What could this be?A/C works great,windows stick alot, and 0/D is gone.I drive it around town since work is only 9 miles from me but what should I look for or know about these cars?I owened mustangs,camaroes,ford probe gt,etc:Dbut im in love with this car and want to make this a really nice car,resonator removed,cone filter,silncer removed,power pulley from spinning wheels installed:eek:RAN a 9.7 in the 1/8th at the local track,also got an AOD tranny with fresh rebuild goin n soon!Any advice would be greatly appriciated!!!As I get to learn the ins and outs of this great classic!

Purchased a 93 SC a few months ago white,auto,tinted windows,some dings,paint is alil flat:confused:but the motor had a fresh rebuilt bottom end,interior is the cleanest ive ever seen in all my 28 cars ive owned.I gave $1400 for it with new tires all the way around,now its needs some work, front end squeks when turning so loud its horrible!!:eek:What could this be?A/C works great,windows stick alot, and 0/D is gone.I drive it around town since work is only 9 miles from me but what should I look for or know about these cars?I owened mustangs,camaroes,ford probe gt,etc:Dbut im in love with this car and want to make this a really nice car,resonator removed,cone filter,silncer removed,power pulley from spinning wheels installed:eek:RAN a 9.7 in the 1/8th at the local track,also got an AOD tranny with fresh rebuild goin n soon!Any advice would be greatly appriciated!!!As I get to learn the ins and outs of this great classic!

Might consider a Lentec Valve body to firm up shifts and allow you to manual shift, it will help the new transmission last. A slightly higher stall would get you out of the hole quicker. If you still have the stock cats they are a restriction like the resonator. 94 to 95 blowers are a better option in the future should you start looking for more power. Bigger TB and Maf would be an improvement. Buy a QH chip for the computer and you can start tuning for improvements. All it takes with these cars is elbow grease and a credit card. As for the squeaks it could be almost anything under the front end including loose bolts that hold the K member to the frame

Ken

Ken

Welcome and congratulatins... :)

When you get a chance post some pictures up. :)

I would recommend that before you start adding parts to making your SC more powerful, that you upgrade the exhaust system on her... Like kenewagner stated, the exhaust is very restrictive so if you started adding parts to the car, you would just be puttting more stress on your head gaskets and that is the last thing u need.
:cool:

yeah I got rid of the renator and had a true Y put in its place and a set of single chamber race mufflers put on.Its alil loud for my taste put I can tell it freed up alot of back pressure,lost alil torque but makes it up in the mid-top end nicely.It spun too much out the whole anyway,now im just waiting for my aftermarket intercooler to come in!!also its a 93 so what size injectors are in this??

I would put my money on the lower ball joints being you squeak problem. I had noisy ball joints for only about a week and then one day when pulling out of the driveway in my '95 right before I pulled onto the pavement BAM!! The ball joint on the drivers side seperated on me. I was so freakin pissed until I realized that in about 2 miles I would have been going about 75mph on the highway! After that I was soooo freaking thankful that it happend in the driveway

Good news on finding the problem. They aren't very difficult to change. I had to do mine at the end of the driveway since the car couldn't move.

Go to: Reply to Thread-Additional Options-Manage Attachments

Then follow the prompts to browse your compter for files, then click UPLOAD and they should get attached to the post. GL

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 86
90 sc

i just acquired a 90 sc with 54782 miles it sat for a while and i confirmed id has a no. 2 dead cylinder i pulled the plug and put a plug in the wire it has spark i have not checked the compression due to the fact low miles my next step is to pull the injector and have it cleaned and tested before i install a complete set any suggestions?

Back