My supercoupe pics total rebuild journey

sics6

Hey guys & gals come enjoy my supercoupe rebuild journey with me. It began as a 92 thunderbird sc auto, but i wanted to convert it to a 5spd and put an modded motor in. But as we all know everything effects everything when you go changing parts on these birds, so my journey began and still evolving. So i welcome you all to share in this adventure with me as i create the car i believed ford should've made from the factory. I wanted an overall decent performing car straight line and twisties...kind of like bmw's approach to things. So i started with the suspension tokico illumina shocks, eibach springs pro kit, 1 1/4 rear sway bar, poly spring cups, new shock mounts,poly irs bushings, shorter end links, new tie rods etc. Then i knew i needed to stop the thing plus i had some sweet tires and rims waiting to be mounted for 2 years now. So i got some drilled and slotted rotors, braided stainless steel brake lines, and some hawk hps pads. Now on to the motor heads were ported with oversize valves 185 160, block bored .30 over, head studs etc. with trw pistons, polished and pressed rods, comp cam, comp cam lifters,springs,push rods, and scorpion 1.73 roller rockers. Crank shaft polished and balanced in fact the whole motor is blueprinted and balanced. Ford motorsport timing chain, oil pump, and water pump. Ac delete system, aluminum pulleys(over and underdrive) Ported intake manifold. So before i loose you let me post some pics then we can continue our journey. pics 233.jpg

pics 234.jpg

pics 236.jpg

pics 270.jpg

pics 274.jpg

Last edited:
Supercoupe rebuild pics

Okay here are some shots of the newly reworked suspension. pics 519.jpg

pics 526.jpg

pics 523.jpg

pics 064.jpg

pics 048.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the pics

Hey guys i been trying to get these pics to post for 2 hours now. I don't know why my pics aren't posting. Can anyone help? I got some really great pics to post.

Hey guys i been trying to get these pics to post for 2 hours now. I don't know why my pics aren't posting. Can anyone help? I got some really great pics to post.

Use the
format, like this

zombie.jpg

You'll need to host your pictures somewhere like Photobucket or a similar site.

So, it's like this

Last edited:
Or host them somewhere like photobucket, then copy the image file into your reply to the thread.

Like this:
IMG014upright.jpg

Pics for you guys

pics 626.jpg

pics 627.jpg

pics 634.jpg

pics 618.jpg

pics 553.jpgHere are some pics of the trans and drive line.

Last edited:
pics up and running now

pics 075.jpg

pics 110.jpg

pics 476.jpg

pics 493.jpg

pics 571.jpg Exhaust is all 2.5 in. mandrel bend stainless steel, dynomax superturbo mufflers, kooks long tube headers, magnaflow resonator 2.5 in. dual in/out no cats

Last edited:
Things are progressing

pics 486.jpg

pics 487.jpg

pics 498.jpg

pics 524.jpg

pics 525.jpgThings are progressing in my rebuild they are going to throw my trans and drive shaft in. They just put my 255lph fuel pump inside my new gas tank and are gonna put that in today. Has anyone here installed the auburn high performance posi unit? If so what experiences did you guys have with it. I'm thinking of buying it and wanted to know what i should be looking forward to. Or if it's worth the money.

Last edited:
sics6::: that is alow of work!!! :eek: I know that once you have the SC all up and running it is going to pay off.. :)

I am def. interested in seeing some progress pics, and some videos once she is fiinished :cool:

Looks like you've got a great start! Looking forward to the finished product, I'm sure it's not cheap but it'll be nice. And the picture posting has been a pain in the arse for me too.

More pics

Ooh yeah, this is one expensive ~~~ project, and picture posting has been a real B...h! But hey imma stick with it. I love going to car shows with my buddys and just looking at muscle cars. And one of my buddys has an corvette L88 that i helped him piece together. Nothing too extreme but some really nice bolt on parts to give it a little pep. Beautiful engine dress up also. So i'm hoping to be able to follow him to these shows in my sc soon. Nothing like having your own little piece of the pie. So here's a few pics of my car how she looks now with her motor out. pics 085.jpg

pics 138.jpg

pics 088.jpg

pics 132.jpg

pics 095.jpg

Good news!!!!

Got some good news today. They told me they're gonna put my motor in today. So i gottta go take some pics of the motor before they put the valve covers on..gotta get some sweet pics of those scorpion rockers before they get covered up. The 5spd trans is in now the drive shaft and the new gas tank is in also. Starting to get excited:D. Wanna here how the new exhaust sounds when it's all over. I think they're gonna do the fmic today also. I'll post some pics when i get a chance.

Engine pics

Okay guys we ran into a little bump in the road. The pushrods that i have for my motor were way to short for the 1.73 scorpions (too much lash) But my mechanic and i got on the phone with the ole supercoupe master(D. Dalke) and now things are gonna be rectified. So here are a few pics of the motor with the scorpions on even though the wrong pushrods are on them. Within a day or two we will have the right ones and things will proceed.273.jpg

261.jpg

276.jpg

Last edited:
Hahahaha hopefully :D life would be definitely alot better. Just a project in the making for awhile. I always liked these cars, when i was younger i was completely in love with this body style. In 94 when they changed it, i wasn't caring for it too much. I like the older body style better :D. But i said one day i'll buy one and turn it into the car i believed ford should have made from the factory. The car originally was supposed to compete with the grand national, but ford scraped those plans :( when buick decided to stop production on grand national after 87. I believe ford should've made the beast they were working on at first. These cars cost an arm and a leg to build, but it was a dream of mine since i was younger....so i continue on. I know Dalke is working on some supercharger kits, so that'll definitely give these cars some potential they deserve. And definitely help my project become complete. These cars deserve the kind of respect i see tricked out nationals get by everyone when they roll up on any muscle or modded car gathering :cool:

The build continues

:DOkay guys the saga continues. They just hung my clutch and brake pedal today, They said it was not easy as i thought, but it's done:D. Progress is always sweet. Now i think they are gonna start on the fmic next....maybe:rolleyes: but anyhow heres some pics of progression. Only if i could get guys to buy my parts i'm selling life would be a little sweeter:D pics 305.jpg

pics 308.jpg

pics 306.jpg

pics 307.jpg

pics 309.jpg

Hope I can visit your build this weekend though they're probably not going to be open...

Will look forward to seeing you when we get together after your done.

Check out the Illinois chapter at tccoa.com, we get together every now and again.

I think they'll be closed unless they are working on some projects. If so you can definitely see my car and how it's coming together:D

Gonna make a visit

I think imma take a visit tomorrow to see what's new with the bird. If anything i'll post pics. I'm just wondering next spring will i be a tvs man? or an whipple man?

Back