Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My supercoupe pics total rebuild journey

Hahahaha hopefully life would be definitely alot better. Just a project in the making for awhile. I always liked these cars, when i was younger i was completely in love with this body style. In 94 when they changed it, i wasn't caring for it too much. I like the older body style better . But i said one day i'll buy one and turn it into the car i believed ford should have made from the factory. The car originally was supposed to compete with the grand national, but ford scraped those plans when buick decided to stop production on grand national after 87. I believe ford should've made the beast they were working on at first. These cars cost an arm and a leg to build, but it was a dream of mine since i was younger....so i continue on. I know Dalke is working on some supercharger kits, so that'll definitely give these cars some potential they deserve. And definitely help my project become complete. These cars deserve the kind of respect i see tricked out nationals get by everyone when they roll up on any muscle or modded car gathering

The build continues

Okay guys the saga continues. They just hung my clutch and brake pedal today, They said it was not easy as i thought, but it's done. Progress is always sweet. Now i think they are gonna start on the fmic next....maybe but anyhow heres some pics of progression. Only if i could get guys to buy my parts i'm selling life would be a little sweeter Name:  pics 305.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  19.1 KB

Name:  pics 308.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  17.7 KB

Name:  pics 306.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  19.3 KB

Name:  pics 307.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  15.8 KB

Name:  pics 309.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  17.3 KB

Hope I can visit your build this weekend though they're probably not going to be open...

Will look forward to seeing you when we get together after your done.

Check out the Illinois chapter at tccoa.com, we get together every now and again.
    3 SC's over a pair of SHO's ...

Plat O Ribs Full House of SVT!
    SCCoA Member#: 3251

I think they'll be closed unless they are working on some projects. If so you can definitely see my car and how it's coming together

Gonna make a visit

I think imma take a visit tomorrow to see what's new with the bird. If anything i'll post pics. I'm just wondering next spring will i be a tvs man? or an whipple man?

Watch out

You might want to re-think having the spark plugs in while trying to install those headers in tight spaces. I cracked at least 1 possibly 2 of my plugs, just from try to think ahead, but it simply caused a headache in the long run.

It all looks really good though, great work!

Just a FYI,

Regards,
    Smitty
    White 1994 Auto SC......................No ET
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........12.151 @ 114.95 MPH
    374 RWHP 390.42 RWTQ
    2011 SC Shootout MOD 2 Winner & Track Champion!
    2012 SC Shootout MOD 3 Winner
    2013 SC Shootout Won Nothing!! LOL
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

Exclamation spark plugs

Thanks for the heads up. I'll tell my mechanic or maybe he already learned the hard way..hahaha.

what oil?

Hey guys what's a good break in oil to use? Amsoil or royal purple? Or maybe something else ? And what weight? My car will be started Monday so I gotta get some ASAP. Also what oil and weight should I run after the motor breaks in?

it's been awhile

Been kinda busy, but things have been slowly advancing. As u all know a fine gentleman has been doing some magic on a supercharger,plenums, and pulley for me. So no need for me to post duplicate pics of that. So I decided to post a few pics of some other things that are being put on the car.Name:  IMAG0442.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  317.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0449.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  247.3 KB

Name:  IMAG0400.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  298.6 KB

Name:  IMAG0451.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  296.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0453.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  416.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sics6 View Post
    Hey guys what's a good break in oil to use? Amsoil or royal purple? Or maybe something else ? And what weight? My car will be started Monday so I gotta get some ASAP. Also what oil and weight should I run after the motor breaks in?
    When I asked this question I was told to talk to my machine shop. He has recommended a non detergent 30w oil for the first 300.

No synthetic till at least the 5,000 mark.

Has your machine shop told you something different?

Sean
    '91 White 5-Speed

I'm impressed with the progress.

It's always nice and inspriational when someone says they are going to do something and they do.

Yes honey I'll finish that someday. Says while running away.
    95 SC Auto
    95 SC 5-speed Toy
    Rodney

Best time 95 5spd 14.58 @ 93.50 totally stock and tired.

Wow I didnt know you were going all in. Havent seen this post. ONE THING I need to warn you about is that clutch. I had it and managed to snap two input shafts....I reccomend no powershifting...And if you have wheel hop which you will...I reccomend letting of the gas
    Doing a JD. Current most HP/TQ per lb of boost, turbo or Supercharged FActory 3.8 SC v6 ford block based. Yahh Buddy
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Very nice build you have going on there. i look forward to seeing this when it is done.

Thanks guys I appreciate you joining in on my rebuild. I have a dynotech drive shaft and a rear end brace, and poly IRS bushings. So hopefully that will help control my wheel hop some and strengthen my drive line.

pics

Stopped by the shop today to see any updates on the car. I noticed they managed to connect all the fmic piping without any welding lol.
    Last edited by sics6; 10-28-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: pics