getting ready for the shootout!

mellbutler

just wanted to make a place to post our progress towards getting ready for the shootout

to do:

new tires for cobras & alignment (no new tires this yr)
paint hood -PRIMED
mount hood
finish ic tube issue-DONE we hope
figure out a tune-DONE
replace/repair pass door panel-passing on
paint pass door
clean engine bay-Ongoing
paint console
wash, wax & detail black car
new plugs -

all ready done this season:

ported exhaust manifolds
removed cats
scp downtubes
o2 sensor installed
60lb injectors
rebuilt fuel rail
mp plenun
rasied top
mp fmic
qh installed
oil catch can
new plug wires
1.6 in lowering springs
poly spring cups
calipers rebuilt

will post pics later...connection issues

Last edited:
ok here are the pics

Attachments

• DSC_2381.jpg
    DSC_2381.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_2574.jpg
    DSC_2574.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_2575.jpg
    DSC_2575.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_2577.jpg
    DSC_2577.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 113
ok these don't have anything to do with the above but just wanted to share...here's my 95 lx...poor thing...just sitting there::(...been battered by hail and paint so burned but she will run again....big thing interior is a 8 or 9, no rust...just minor hail dents and PAINT, and engine rebuild.

Attachments

• DSC_2573.jpg
    DSC_2573.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_2572.jpg
    DSC_2572.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 81
Looking good...personally I'd get the IC tube thing taken care of, and go straight to the tuning before messing with cosmetic stuff.

David

matt does the engine/tunning stuff...I do the cosmetics:) It makes for a good team. after work today he's gonna try some more tunning

we are getting frustrated with our attempt at this tunning thing...following instructions but finding a button we neede to hit is blocked out...hopefully dalke get back to our email soon....meanwhile I worked on repainting the trim

we are getting frustrated with our attempt at this tunning thing...following instructions but finding a button we neede to hit is blocked out...hopefully dalke get back to our email soon....meanwhile I worked on repainting the trim

This is why I suggested dealing with the tuning first.

David

I seem to remember having the same problem, and it turned out to be something very simple...just can't remember what it was. :(

I don't think I'm going to have time to make it up to Indy any Sundays before the shootout either, Mel...too many birthdays between now and then!!!

Any chance you could drive the car down to New Albany? I'd be glad to devote a weeknight to helping you and Matt try to figure out the problem. I'm not an expert on computers, nor the QH, nor BE, but I have worked through the pains-in-the butt that it takes to figure out how to setup the LC1/QH/BE and start tuning with the setup. I would be more than happy to help you guys do the same - as long as you don't try to beat me in Mod2 this year! ;)

Don't give up - it's not 100% straight-forward, and you can't just read the instructions, get some directions and fire it all up right away the first time around - it takes some frustration, figuring out, studying documentation, and then, frankly, some luck! It took me about 3 weeks to finally get good datalogs from when I finally installed the hardware in the car - I may have had it alot easier to start with too!

I seem to remember having the same problem, and it turned out to be something very simple...just can't remember what it was. :(

I don't think I'm going to have time to make it up to Indy any Sundays before the shootout either, Mel...too many birthdays between now and then!!!

Any chance you could drive the car down to New Albany? I'd be glad to devote a weeknight to helping you and Matt try to figure out the problem. I'm not an expert on computers, nor the QH, nor BE, but I have worked through the pains-in-the butt that it takes to figure out how to setup the LC1/QH/BE and start tuning with the setup. I would be more than happy to help you guys do the same - as long as you don't try to beat me in Mod2 this year! ;)

Don't give up - it's not 100% straight-forward, and you can't just read the instructions, get some directions and fire it all up right away the first time around - it takes some frustration, figuring out, studying documentation, and then, frankly, some luck! It took me about 3 weeks to finally get good datalogs from when I finally installed the hardware in the car - I may have had it alot easier to start with too!

I don't think I will make mod2 this year..but maybe next year:)

oh and of course mustang people trying to offer their 2 cents..they have no clue that they don't make the same plug and play stuff for our cars

If you can get it running, there was a group of us plugging away on laptops last year helping each other out on the setup and tuning. It will probably happen again this year.

If you can get it running, there was a group of us plugging away on laptops last year helping each other out on the setup and tuning. It will probably happen again this year.

Chris Vining really helped me get started on the fine-tuning part last year - there's nothing better than having an experienced group that's willing to help.

ok these don't have anything to do with the above but just wanted to share...here's my 95 lx...poor thing...just sitting there::(...been battered by hail and paint so burned but she will run again....big thing interior is a 8 or 9, no rust...just minor hail dents and PAINT, and engine rebuild.

Saaaaay if you ever DO decide to get rid of that LX give me a notice yeah? My car is blue and I have front end damage and a black hood. It's no fun. :p

Good luck with getting ready for the shootout! I'm pretty much good to go, I might try to throw some under-drive pulleys on real quick or N2O or something but that's about it (lol). I was hoping to get the government to pay for a couple things (college financial aid ftw) but I won't get the dough until too late.

Is the Indiana crew going to caravan over? I might be interested in something like that!

Back