Dyno Challenge

I am, but don't expect to see very big numbers with this car because a Dynojet doesn't put enough load on the motor to keep the turbo spooled.

David

Maybe I should since my low dyno numbers could lull my competition into a false sense of security at the track.:)

I am, but don't expect to see very big numbers with this car because a Dynojet doesn't put enough load on the motor to keep the turbo spooled.

David

Do these turbo excuses ever end!!!

I'm in as well but I really don't expect to put up numbers that will compete either.

I'll prolly show how little horse power it takes to run 10's. Don't think the dyno jet loads my setup very well either.

you guys mad:mad:Id be their if I lived closer not much of this happens in va but sounds like a blast,looking forward to your results!!

So it looks like about six or so. Like Kurt, I'm not to concerned about my numbers, I expect to be the bottom number of the six or so guys posting:rolleyes: There cant be any excuses for the turbo guys, they used them up on the smack thread so they have to shine on the dyno:rolleyes:

Ken

Nope...Team David is currently working on a whole new list of turbo car excuses, just in case things don't go well for us.

I'm in for the list.

I've been on two DynoJets now and they all do the same thing. You need to have a Dynojet WG spring setup and a street/track WG spring setup. Even so, the boost will peak and fall off a few or more PSI.

My friend's KB '03 Cobra gets 18PSI on a load bearing dyno and 15PSI on a DynoJet. It even happens to blower cars.

I plan to get my car on the dyno. Not sure where we will be hp or torque wise. It will be interesting to see.

Last edited:
That's the Shootout spirit...whatever it takes.

David

I don't know about that but I'm pretty sure my motor can survive a 3-4 second burst of a 125 shot. Last year at MIR I loaded the 125 pills in and gave it a 1/4 mile try, AFR numbers went a little higher than it should so I let out after about the 1/8 mile, still played with the throttle the rest of the way down the track and ran something like an 11.3-4.

I don't know about that but I'm pretty sure my motor can survive a 3-4 second burst of a 125 shot. Last year at MIR I loaded the 125 pills in and gave it a 1/4 mile try, AFR numbers went a little higher than it should so I let out after about the 1/8 mile, still played with the throttle the rest of the way down the track and ran something like an 11.3-4.

Keith,

I think it will be fine, then again I blew my last motor up running too lean on nitrous while doing some testing just prior to a previous Shootout. Your car seems to run better on nitrous than any other SC I've seen, and you never break anything. So I think your in a good position to up the shot a little.

David

Back