Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shootout Dyno

Quote Originally Posted by super red91 View Post
    I'll take 2... What class do I fit in with my compound m90 turbo setup I just finished?
    And your V6 8 cylinder? That looks like a lot of trophies.
    1994 SC
    4.5L Twin Turbo SVO
    Project GTFD

I didn't pre-pay for the dyno.
    What should I do?
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by CMac89 View Post
    And your V6 8 cylinder? That looks like a lot of trophies.
    I heard its on the squeeze
    Making woosh sounds since 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by r429460 View Post
    I didn't pre-pay for the dyno.
    What should I do?
    Rick
    At this point if you have registered as wanting to dyno you have been included on the list. Come race day those who have not paid will be subject to possibly getting bumped. We only have a limited # of spots and they will be filled first come first served.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    At this point if you have registered as wanting to dyno you have been included on the list. Come race day those who have not paid will be subject to possibly getting bumped. We only have a limited # of spots and they will be filled first come first served.
    I registered but do not have a time slot....anytime, anyplace Saturday is fine.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    Ricardo, you don't have to choose which class to participate in but you can only win one award. For example, Keith may want to use his nitrous and try for the V6 Supercharged award or he may decide to turn the juice off and just try for the M90 class. You have 3 pulls so if it were me I would do my first pull on motor and then turn the juice on. You can decide which # to submit depending on your results.

And no, the turbo guys are not getting to go last so they can dick with their boost controllers. Run what you are comfortable with and call it done.
    I guess that means that I'm going to have to dyno against the twin screws with a m90 + a 125 shot to take home the plaque ........

But then if Neibert isn't in the V6 Supercharged class and I can match my dyno numbers from last year, I can stick with the 100 shot.
    Last edited by nickleman60; 09-18-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

Put me down for a pull or 2!

Dave,
    Per our conversation, please put me down for one of the times on Saturday in between/after the competition please.

Thanks,

Smitty
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........11.175 @ 121.85 MPH
    462.54 rwhp, 461.42 tq
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

As of right now Saturday's dyno list is closed. If you indicated in your registration that you wanted to dyno but did not pay, or have not contacted me or posted in this thread to confirm a slot, then you may not be able to dyno.

We will allow "stand by" for people who want to stick around on Saturday for a possible opening, or you can make arrangements either to dyno on Friday or switch with someone else you can dyno on Friday. We will not allow people to get bumped on Saturday though, so be aware that a dyno spot to anyone other than those listed will not be guaranteed.
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

for those that need tunes... why does it have to be tuned on the dyno? with all the folks gathering im sure theres got to be many knowledageable folks that can give assistance to street tune some vehicles, will free up the dyno

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    for those that need tunes... why does it have to be tuned on the dyno? with all the folks gathering im sure theres got to be many knowledageable folks that can give assistance to street tune some vehicles, will free up the dyno
    The dyno times at the shootout are not intended for tuning. Like always, there will be all kinds of people helping with the tuning...whether it be at the track, at the hotel, or Tim Horton's.
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    Are you planning to be there? I'm sure people would love to have you help them out with their tunes. That being said, maybe you don't quite understand the Shootout format. We aren't doing dyno tuning on Saturday but there is nothing stopping someone from adding/subtracting a little timing or something like that if they feel so inclined. It's a dyno race, not a tuning endeavor.
    Email me here.

If there is anyone on the dyno list who can dyno on Friday, please post up! We have a few extra people that are going to get bumped on Saturday and some open spots on Friday. Again, anyone who can switch days please let us know, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Email me here.

I can switch.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now