Shootout Dyno

2pm looks good :cool:

I'll pay up when I get home tonight... Apparently my web filter at work thinks that the sc-shootout website contains noody material.

Even Danielle is more lenient with how much skin I am allowed to view! :eek:

On Friday Jeff has open availability for tuning or whatever up until 5pm only. Therefore anyone who wants to spend more time on the dyno than 30 minutes needs to schedule in for Friday.

Edit: Forget anything I've said about the dyno....listen to dave

Last edited:
Will all of these dyno runs be restricted to three pulls and done? Will there be time for a couple to few extra pulls if a little bit of tuning is needed? For me, it will take a few pulls just to get the boost back up to par. Then a couple for timing adjustments, since I'm playing it safe with race fuel, this time.

Just put me where you think I would be less of an obstacle.

Casey, will you be there on Friday? You might want to discuss things with Jeff if you need more than 45 minutes on the dyno. I put you down for Saturday but there won't be time for more than 4-5 pulls maximum. It might be better for you if you made arrangements for Friday.

I plan on rolling in on Thursday night or early Friday morning. I'll give Friday dyno time a thought.

Instead of getting three pulls, he's just time limiting each session? As in we can do whatever we want within that half hour time period whether it be tuning and a couple of pulls or numerous pulls?

I plan on rolling in on Thursday night or early Friday morning. I'll give Friday dyno time a thought.

Instead of getting three pulls, he's just time limiting each session? As in we can do whatever we want within that half hour time period whether it be tuning and a couple of pulls or numerous pulls?

No..there is a time limit and a limit on the number of pulls you are allowed (3)

David

That's during the competition though. If Casey gets on the dyno Fri morning before the official noon starting time his numbers are off the board and he can work out a deal with Jeff for the dyno time right??

I had no idea this would be so confusing for everyone. :confused: Let me try to explain.

When you register for the Shootout you have option of signing up for the dyno competition. There is a $40 additional charge for being part of the dyno competition. This $40 covers up to 3 pulls which can take no more than 45 minutes to complete. We are targeting 30 minutes. After 45 minutes you will be removed from the dyno, regardless of how many pulls you manage unless the delay is due to dyno error. If you complete 3 pulls in less than 30 minutes and want to make more pulls within your allotted time you will be allowed to do so but you will be responsible for paying Jeff for the extra pulls. I don't care what you do within your 3 pulls and 30 minutes (tuning wise).

On Friday it will be a little bit different. Friday is not part of the SC Shootout, specifically. We will allow #'s achieved on Friday to be used for competition purposes but what actually happens is up to you and Jeff. Consider Friday's appointment list to be flexible. On Friday we booked 2 hr intervals instead of 30 minutes. This is because people will be able to tune or have Jeff tune on Friday. There is just very limited availability on Friday.

If none of this works for you, contact Jeff directly to work out other arrangements.

The dyno competition will end when we complete the 5pm appointment on Saturday, regardless of what exact time that occurs at. If we run over trying to complete our list, accommodations will be made. If you come after last appointment, you can go ahead and dyno (as long as Jeff is available) but those #'s will not count for the dyno competition.

I didn't pre-pay for the dyno.
What should I do?
Rick

At this point if you have registered as wanting to dyno you have been included on the list. Come race day those who have not paid will be subject to possibly getting bumped. We only have a limited # of spots and they will be filled first come first served.

At this point if you have registered as wanting to dyno you have been included on the list. Come race day those who have not paid will be subject to possibly getting bumped. We only have a limited # of spots and they will be filled first come first served.

I registered but do not have a time slot....anytime, anyplace Saturday is fine.

Ricardo, you don't have to choose which class to participate in but you can only win one award. For example, Keith may want to use his nitrous and try for the V6 Supercharged award or he may decide to turn the juice off and just try for the M90 class. You have 3 pulls so if it were me I would do my first pull on motor and then turn the juice on. You can decide which # to submit depending on your results.

And no, the turbo guys are not getting to go last so they can dick with their boost controllers. Run what you are comfortable with and call it done.

I guess that means that I'm going to have to dyno against the twin screws with a m90 + a 125 shot to take home the plaque ........:rolleyes::D

But then if Neibert isn't in the V6 Supercharged class and I can match my dyno numbers from last year, I can stick with the 100 shot.

Last edited:
Put me down for a pull or 2!

Dave,
Per our conversation, please put me down for one of the times on Saturday in between/after the competition please.

Thanks,

Smitty

As of right now Saturday's dyno list is closed. If you indicated in your registration that you wanted to dyno but did not pay, or have not contacted me or posted in this thread to confirm a slot, then you may not be able to dyno.

We will allow "stand by" for people who want to stick around on Saturday for a possible opening, or you can make arrangements either to dyno on Friday or switch with someone else you can dyno on Friday. We will not allow people to get bumped on Saturday though, so be aware that a dyno spot to anyone other than those listed will not be guaranteed.

for those that need tunes... why does it have to be tuned on the dyno? with all the folks gathering im sure theres got to be many knowledageable folks that can give assistance to street tune some vehicles, will free up the dyno

for those that need tunes... why does it have to be tuned on the dyno? with all the folks gathering im sure theres got to be many knowledageable folks that can give assistance to street tune some vehicles, will free up the dyno

The dyno times at the shootout are not intended for tuning. Like always, there will be all kinds of people helping with the tuning...whether it be at the track, at the hotel, or Tim Horton's. :D

Back