KY Horsepower Outlaw Shootout - Oct 23, 2011

Ya I know, don't think a mini van is quite capable of towing the SC to Kentucky and back :eek:.... but we'll see, it'll be a see them race and then I'll want to race...

Shouldn't be that bad, just some MAF curve adjustments. Trying to talk Corey into coming so we can caravan down, get him to come he's pretty good road tuning.

Ryan,

Dave thought the biggest issue would be resetting the idle and maybe the transition coming off idle. He didn't really think WOT stuff was going to be much of a problem.

I'm not thinking it's going to be quite that easy (it never is) and would feel a lot better if Dave was there to fix the tune when it was installed. A big part of my hesitation to just bolt it on and go, is because the tune hasn't been as good as it is now for several years, if ever...and I don't want to screw it up.

David

Silly southerner's. Anytime you do something twice in a row without doing something different in-between is back to back. They could be 6 months apart but it doesn't matter. So I have to squeeze in something different before I can do another week long road trip.

Besides, it's also our 35th anniversary weekend so I should probably do something she wants to do. I'm guessing that spending it in a motel somewhere in Ky is probably not way up there on her list. :confused: :p

Ira

Now Ira!!! It just so happens that Keenland will be open during that time for horseracing in Lexington. You could bring her down for that and cruise the horse farms in the area. Then go racing on Sunday!!! It is Keenlands 75th anniversary I believe.... Cost $5 dollars to get in and racing starts around 1...
The filmed part of the movie "Sea Biscuit" there.

some of us just did time runs last year, that all I plan for...I'm not ready to play with the big dogs, yet.:D

some of us just did time runs last year, that all I plan for...I'm not ready to play with the big dogs, yet.:D
I wasn't ready either, but somehow I managed to qualify for the field of 32 cars. I even won my 1st round race. It was all over after that though.

I don't expect to qualify this year, as my car isn't any faster and I'm not sure I can duplicate my 11.52 run from last year.

I wasn't ready either, but somehow I managed to qualify for the field of 32 cars. I even won my 1st round race. It was all over after that though.

I don't expect to qualify this year, as my car isn't any faster and I'm not sure I can duplicate my 11.52 run from last year.

I'll likely race in the Test & Tune class again, just to avoid the Pro tree.

David

I appreciate everyone's encouragement and the creative ideas that have been offered but she has already decided that we are spending a week in the Caribbean. White sand, blue water and 80° temperatures.

I'd rather be racing! :D

Ira

I appreciate everyone's encouragement and the creative ideas that have been offered but she has already decided that we are spending a week in the Caribbean. White sand, blue water and 80° temperatures.

Ira

Dang, you just had to mention WHITE sand and warm weather didn't ya. You don't have to rub it in ya know. Congrats on the 35 years though that's an awesome accomplishment! And yes I am extremely jealous we skipped the beach trip this year :(
Have fun and be safe!

Ira

I thought it was Hurricane season until November...probably safer to go to KY.

David

I thought it was Hurricane season until November...probably safer to go to KY.

David

lol - more true than you realize. A couple of years ago we cruised the Caribbean and didn't get to one port of call we were supposed to see. The schedule was completely a day to day hour to hour thing. We would wake up each morning and wonder where we were because we spent the entire trip tracking Wilma and going in the other direction.

Kind of cool actually.

Ira

Ira

I guess we know why Ira has stayed married for 35 years!!

Back