Fuel?

joshpowell16

Its sad to say, but I have a dumb question about my SC. The dash says premium...fuel door says regular. And the owners manual says it was built to run on 92 Oct but 87 Octs s sufficient. Any thing lower than 87 will cause harm to my motor.

SO...im supposed to run the highest octane the gas stations have(that bein g around 92 Oct)?

When I picked up the car it was running rough..so i put 10 gal premium. Runs alot better.

If someone could just lemme know the Truth about the proper fuel for my baby.

Its sad to say, but I have a dumb question about my SC. The dash says premium...fuel door says regular. And the owners manual says it was built to run on 92 Oct but 87 Octs s sufficient. Any thing lower than 87 will cause harm to my motor.

SO...im supposed to run the highest octane the gas stations have(that bein g around 92 Oct)?

When I picked up the car it was running rough..so i put 10 gal premium. Runs alot better.

If someone could just lemme know the Truth about the proper fuel for my baby.

92 is good and 89 is bad. It needs preminum fuel. If you want to drive around without getting into boost it will run on 89 octane. Once you kick in boost you will get detonation on 89 and thats real bad on these motors

Ken

ok

Ill take it easy on this tank of gas. Ill filler up on 93 next time. But would putting an octane booster in now help with this tank?

Thnx for clearing that up.
Josh

Ill take it easy on this tank of gas. Ill filler up on 93 next time. But would putting an octane booster in now help with this tank?

Thnx for clearing that up.

Josh

Octane booster doesnt really do anything but raise the octane a tenth of a percent or something like that. I wouldnt waste your money on that. Just drive it like a grandma for now.

Ken

There is an octane plug that you can remove that retards timing, if you want to be a little safer...just in case you forget you're not an 80 year old woman. :p

I've never used it, but if I remember right, it's in the passenger rear corner of the engine bay - near the EEC test port.

Never use anything less than 91 unless you pull the octane plug. Yes.. its on the RH side firewall next to the EEC and Arc/EVO test plugs.

if I remember right, it's in the passenger rear corner of the engine bay - near the EEC test port.

Correct....

octane.jpg

David

Back