2011 results...

How did you raise it? Did you just slide a washer or 2 between the blower housing and lower manifold?

I took 3 washers and tack welded them together for each bolt on the bottom of the MPX it raised it up enough. Not sure the thickness but I just did it on Sal's car also. 3 washers for each one did the trick...

My 60fts improved all day long - well in my car they did. Granted I have a whopping 325rwtq to launch with, lol. And yes my improvements all day were due to practice not track conditions. Now in the higher HP car I was driving - well that car blew the tires off on every launch to the point that I might as well have been on street tires, but that's another issue altogether.

We did not specifically ask for track prep this year. In previous years they had offered, or maybe I asked, I'm not sure, for 300ft prep. This year I thought that the track was excellent in the morning with lots of rubber from the night before, but that goes away quickly with street tires chewing it up.

My best pass was the first pass, a 12.5427 @ 109.36 MPH. I've added close to 100HP and dropped around 100lbs from the car and myself since last season, when it ran a 12.48 @ 110.36 MPH at Gateway, but none of that matters when your laptop craps out and won't let you datalog or tune. :mad: It was short-shifting big time at the Shootout, and I couldn't do anything about it. :(

I was on the starting line and out to 60 ft most of the day. It was good in the morning would almost pull off my shoes, but I could feel that it went away as the day went on. Just didnt stick to my shoes as good later in the day. There where a few bald spots that started to show in the groove also.

From most of the people that I talked to their 60fts started to go away and that kills your run...

I am planning on going to tri-state this weekend as I actually have never been there. It isn't too far from me if you need halp arranging somethignere let me know. There are tons of hotels in the area near there too.
Alan

Yes after the first 2 passes the track sucked. Thought I went too low on the tires so I put more air in... didn't help.:(

Yes after the first 2 passes the track sucked. Thought I went too low on the tires so I put more air in... didn't help.:(

I kept letting air out and it just got worse on every pass I made. Last pass I was down to 13.0 psi, and spinning the tires so bad I thought the transmission was slipping. When I got back to the pits I could see the tires were all feathered and it was obvious they were spinning hard. So instead of doing a buy back in for $10, I decided to park it and have a beer :D

David

best pass would have been the first pass of the day according to the 1/8 time being we were .25 ahead of our fastest of the day, but the intercooler pipe blew off shortly after the 1/8th and we got a 14.3 instead. but here it is: Not sure exact.

13.93 @ 98

Sarah Lichtsinn

Last edited:
My fastest pass which was also my last pass of the day where I broke out was a 13.6097 @ 102.54. Highest mph I reached was 105.28.

Shane

Congrats to all.

It seems everytime the Shootout comes around, I have something come up. Last year was a tiny mountain in Korea, his year was JRTC down in Ft. Polk, Louisiana, and next year will be Afghanistan.

Maybe the year after that I can make it.:(

-Corey

Back