Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 SC Shootout Success - Thanks to all!

Quote Originally Posted by mellbutler View Post
    go to user cp, in the blue bar and then on the left go to paid subscriptions
    I tried but it wants me to pay again.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftingThunder View Post
    I tried but it wants me to pay again.
    send a msg to an admin or post under sccoa website

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122323

BTW I'm still recovering at work from this trip!

On that note I have alot I could say but I'll just break it down

1) The Coordinators

I really have to give my hats off for all those who put this together. I spread myself real thin amongst a few professional organizations here in NYC and it is not easy to put together an event. Allot of time and effort needs to be put in and generally people dont really appreciate that. That sometimes in and of itself makes the whole task daunting at times. Ive never been to a shootout before but it's obvious that for those involved....It was done well and well recieved by all.

2) The Participants

Not that I ever doubted it but I met a bunch of great guys I always wanted to meet. Id list names but for fear of leaving someone out. I even met some great people I never even thought about meeting. There is no doubt to own an SC takes a special type of person and it shines at every SC event I go to be it big or small. Thank you all for making the trip worth while

3) The Event Itself.

Being I didnt plan on racing my car a good portion of what this day weekend was all about I missed out on. From Dyno to Race day. I was also in a 14 hour drive haze so to speak all day Friday. Not one beer did I drink!!! I did however get my car tuned thanks To my son Casey and my step son "The Binks". Cant thank them enough. My car has never felt so strong and it still needs some fine tuning and my meth to be turned on. So Im very thrilled about that

I also got to see some wonderfull SC's in person that Ive never seen at teh show and at teh race. I just wish during race day I could of remembered which cars had which combinations. That was driving me crazy. I could see however how worrying about your cars performance can put a dampner on things

3) Overall comments

I realize much of friday and saturday is all about getting the cars running right for Sunday. I think it would be cool to organize perhaps a dinner meet or cruise for friday night. Something to bring everyone together. Nothing to formal. Just pick a place and go. A few of us went to the steak and lube thingy..Something like that but larger. Each pays their own.

The car show was really just a bunch of people parking in the lot that were drawn to the food, dyno, tuning and whatever else was going on. All I would do there is just kind of have the cars parked in some sort of unofficial classes. At carlisle we have 94-95, 89-90, 91-93....So having at least all the 94-95 parking in one area, 89-93 another, xr7's another, v8's another. Not saying to change awards..Just make looking at cars a lil more organized. And voting 1, 2, 3 is strange. It should just be one vote, one car. Add up votes...most votes 1st, second most 2nd....It was a lil confusing which is why Rico asked. Hes really into showing!

Now I really wish I had more time to stay for all of the racing and enjoy the event more. I'm just lukcy enough to have been able to show up.

I hav emore to say but little time here..Perhaps later..Again thanks all fro making it a great time!
    Doing a JD. Current most HP/TQ per lb of boost, turbo or Supercharged FActory 3.8 SC v6 ford block based. Yahh Buddy
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Damon,

I'm glad you enjoyed the Shootout, and since you attended I'm planning to be at Carlisle in 2012.

David
    91 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple........10.92 @ 126.70
    93 SC AOD 347 Turbo.................10.04 @ 138.99
    My Garage

I guess the real question Damon, Would you go again?
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom Modded. 2010 Shootout-Best Custom Award-415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best HP to date 445whp Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs Modified with the 1% $$
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9/60fts Modified with the 99% $$
    2 SCs 12sec club member.

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Damon,

I'm glad you enjoyed the Shootout, and since you attended I'm planning to be at Carlisle in 2012.

David
    David,

I wasnt really holding you to it but it would be GREAT to get you on the go kart track!!!
    Doing a JD. Current most HP/TQ per lb of boost, turbo or Supercharged FActory 3.8 SC v6 ford block based. Yahh Buddy
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Damon,

David
    David,
    I did mention to Kurt; now that Damon made it to the Shootout, you had to come to Carlisle. I really hope you can make it out. I hope to make it back to the shootout.

Ken
    1992 Thunderbird SC
    13.322 @ 102.81
    1993 Thunderbird SC 5spd..white
    2002 F350 SD Diesel (SC tow vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Seegers View Post
    I hope to make it back to the shootout.

Ken
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

I guess the real question Damon, Would you go again?
    Well,

Time permitting (meaning a full friday-monday off) I would make the trip again. I had tried in the past but it never panned out for me. Admittingly I probably wont race my car but it be nice to not have to worry about getting back for work in time (OR THE SAME DAY!).

Be it the shootout or Carlisle I just love seeing SC's in general. Its funny because I have always been a racer and more into power than car shows..Its just that carshows to me allow time to really appreciate all of the cars involved in a stress free environment. Basically my priorities have changed over the years. The shootout is a different experience. Not better or worse fo rme...Just different. If we could get all the guys and gals to go to both events it would be huge but its allot to expect of anyone.

In the end Im all about promoting the SC to the non believers as silly as it sounds. And the only way to do that is to attend events that have all makes and models of cars. All Ford events such as Carlisle are the ultimate as you are more likely to convert a Ford guy than a Chevy guy...Imagine if Casey had spun a 805rwhp on the dyno at Carlisle where thousands of ford nuts go to see whats there...And it would probably get magazine coverage even in Camo Green. Unless you been to Carlisle you cant understand what teh potential for publicity an event liek that can bring. But we just dont have enough enthusiasm in it.

Bottomline is that if I can make the shootout next year ill do it...I'll also see if I can rustle up some of my magazine buddies. Ill offer the invite and see what they say
    Last edited by XxSlowpokexX; 09-29-2011 at 02:07 PM.

My thoughts and observations

Well now that I have back for several days now, i am reflecting on this years shootout and I can't remember when it seemed so organized.

Phillip, I must say you ran that Dyno portion of the weekend like a pro and a lot of folks really appreciate all the effort you put into that. Congrats young man it was well done. I don't remember a Dyno Day from previous shootouts that was over and done well before nightfall.

My hats off to all the behind the scene folks that work so very hard to make each and every shootout a pleasure to attend. Dawn and I will be coming to as many of these events as we can in the future. We had fun getting re-aquanted with old friends and meeting new ones.

Dawn brought up a suggestion that I think would go a long way in making new Shootout attendees feel a little more welcome and accepted. Sometime Friday evening or Saturday morning it would be nice to get all first time shootout folks together to let them know how things work for the weekend. Perhaps have a quick introduction period where everyone could put a name to a face and perhaps a Q/A session for the new shootout folks, so they could feel more up to speed about the whole weekend. I just know how I felt during my first shootout in OK. Just a thought.

Anyway now that I have been back for a few days I am really looking forward to the KY Shootout next month.

The only issue I had was with the racing on Sunday. We really got a late start, which for whatever reasons seemed to put a damper on things as people where ready and waiting to get down the track, and it seemed to rush folks to get as many runs as they wanted to get before competition. Other than that it all seemed to go fairly well.

A Special thanks to Chris Vining for taking his time to help out with a tuning issue I was having and made my runs better and better as the day went on.

I had one other issue with the class changes, and qualifying but those are for another day.

Anyway, great to see everyone again, and I look forward to next years shootout.

Smitty & Dawn
    White 1994 Auto SC......................No ET
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........12.151 @ 114.95 MPH
    374 RWHP 390.42 RWTQ
    2011 SC Shootout MOD 2 Winner & Track Champion!
    2012 SC Shootout MOD 3 Winner
    2013 SC Shootout Won Nothing!! LOL
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

Quote Originally Posted by Quik95SC View Post
    Well now that I have back for several days now, i am reflecting on this years shootout and I can't remember when it seemed so organized.

Phillip, I must say you ran that Dyno portion of the weekend like a pro and a lot of folks really appreciate all the effort you put into that. Congrats young man it was well done. I don't remember a Dyno Day from previous shootouts that was over and done well before nightfall.

My hats off to all the behind the scene folks that work so very hard to make each and every shootout a pleasure to attend. Dawn and I will be coming to as many of these events as we can in the future. We had fun getting re-aquanted with old friends and meeting new ones.

Dawn brought up a suggestion that I think would go a long way in making new Shootout attendees feel a little more welcome and accepted. Sometime Friday evening or Saturday morning it would be nice to get all first time shootout folks together to let them know how things work for the weekend. Perhaps have a quick introduction period where everyone could put a name to a face and perhaps a Q/A session for the new shootout folks, so they could feel more up to speed about the whole weekend. I just know how I felt during my first shootout in OK. Just a thought.

Anyway now that I have been back for a few days I am really looking forward to the KY Shootout next month.

The only issue I had was with the racing on Sunday. We really got a late start, which for whatever reasons seemed to put a damper on things as people where ready and waiting to get down the track, and it seemed to rush folks to get as many runs as they wanted to get before competition. Other than that it all seemed to go fairly well.

A Special thanks to Chris Vining for taking his time to help out with a tuning issue I was having and made my runs better and better as the day went on.

I had one other issue with the class changes, and qualifying but those are for another day.

Anyway, great to see everyone again, and I look forward to next years shootout.

Smitty & Dawn
    Dawn let the cat out of the bag and I found out she has an sc!!! She beter be racing next year, no excuses! Hey I thought bink's girlfrined to go down a couple times in my car. If she can do it so can she and last year was my first year, she just has to get out there.

Mel

She has and can!

Quote Originally Posted by mellbutler View Post
    Dawn let the cat out of the bag and I found out she has an sc!!! She beter be racing next year, no excuses! Hey I thought bink's girlfrined to go down a couple times in my car. If she can do it so can she and last year was my first year, she just has to get out there.

Mel
    She has raced her car locally here a few times, but it needs a little suspension work before she will try now. It actually runs very well for a fairly stock 94 SC. She came in fourth in the points for the season a few years back with her car in the trophy class!

I will certainly try and get her to drive hers up behind me next year, so she can race, that way we have a trailer in case anything happens to one of them.

Smitty
    White 1994 Auto SC......................No ET
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........12.151 @ 114.95 MPH
    374 RWHP 390.42 RWTQ
    2011 SC Shootout MOD 2 Winner & Track Champion!
    2012 SC Shootout MOD 3 Winner
    2013 SC Shootout Won Nothing!! LOL
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

I know we don't see or know what goes on when trying to put this event together. They're are many people I'm sure that are involved that we don't even know or see and thanks to them. For the ones in the forefront that we do see at the event, all I can say is that you all do a hell of a job. Between the entire Dalke and Oatway families, they handle the most difficult tasks with enthusiasm and my hat goes off to you. Your efforts are well apreciated by the many who attend and enjoy the festivities while you tirelessly cook, set up and run the events in a professional manner. To all of the others who support with their help thank you also, you know who you are. I don't know how others felt but I was really happy for Brian for winning his class and setting some pretty spectacular personal best times at the track, you deserved it my man. Now on the lighter side I'll have someone to race (with a rollbar next year) besides that Vinning character who seemingly has my number in whatever state we race in........
    Last edited by nickleman60; 09-29-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Just make sure the shootout is not around an Eagles home game.
    1992 Thunderbird SC
    13.322 @ 102.81
    1993 Thunderbird SC 5spd..white
    2002 F350 SD Diesel (SC tow vehicle)

Enough said.........................
    Attached Images Attached Images