E85 Track Results

Super Duper Cou

Raced my 1993 Thunderbird SC that runs on E85 at Portland International Raceway last night. Best 1/4 mile time was 13.312 and my best mph was 101.41. Hooked up good on my 255 bfg drag radials and had a best 60' time of 1.773. I was getting belt slip on the top end so my mph was a little down from what it should have been. Next time I race I'll probably spray some belt grip on there and see if that fixes it. I'm definitely happy with the results i got, i even hot lapped it one time and it didn't run any slower. And that's with 30% overdrive on a ported late model blower and inlet plenum! :eek:

Here is a link to a video of my first pass last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj1dwoK7dZI

Man...I was SOOOO betting on a high 12. Oh well. You HAVE to get some pix of the rear wheels on that white car.

SWS

BLOWN38: Make sure to post dyno and track results when you try E85! I'm glad I made the switch. You can run more timing and my car seems to run WAY more consistent on it at the track.

seawalkersee: My car has the stock stall converter and rear end gears. If it had a higher stall converter and lower gears it might be able to squeak out a 12.9.

Haha those wheels he has are a little overkill I think and they don't look at that great in my opinion. lol

Here is a pic for ya:
IMG_7035.JPG

DriftingThunder: Thanks man! It felt like it really took off! lol :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that pullin' up next to your car and was awe struck. I could not look away...not like a train wreck, but not unlike a train wreck. And it is sponsored.

None the less. You going to put a set of 3.73s in it with a stall?

SWS

Yeah, I saw that pullin' up next to your car and was awe struck. I could not look away...not like a train wreck, but not unlike a train wreck. And it is sponsored.

None the less. You going to put a set of 3.73s in it with a stall?

SWS

Yeah it's an eye catcher that's for sure.

I probably won't due 3.73's and higher stall. I don't feel like dumping any more money into it and I like how my car revs on the freeway and drives around on the street.

You would like it even more with gears and a stall. Make no mistake, I really liked the way mine drove with the 3.27s. But when I stuck in the 3.73s, it woke the car up. Different beast to drive. Wish I had not backed down to 3.55s. Make no mistake though, that was on my NA LX car. BUT, when I get the scratch to get injectors and a tune, the LX will have a supercharger and 3.73s again.

SWS

Back