2011 Mustang V-6 Runs 11.73 was a big deal to MM/FF

ScrapSC

Yup just saw this on video from the Beech Bend NMRA meet. Dont we have a few around here running faster than that??? :D

They also had a supercharger on that V-6 Mustang..

Well, I'm guessing that it's probably an internally stock motor which is pretty darn exciting really. Are there many other internally stock V6's running that quick?

Not sure if it was internally stock or not. But it was with all the 2011 technology goodies.

Why shouldn't it be exciting? If you followed the whole article you would know that the bolt ons did little to improve performance, besides the blower. IOW it is a blower, gears, and exhaust car running 11's. NO supercoupe can claim that nor can it claim 13's from the factory. I would happily take that setup ovver the old tech 3.8/eaton setup anyday for my bird. Gas mileage would be sure to improve also. And it would still have abunch of potential left in it. There is no reason NOT to be impressed with this.

Well of course you are starting off with new technology and a lot more hp...Besides everything else. And no supercoupe due to that and its weight is claiming 13's stock..just aint happening. So being relly impressed with a high 11 just isnt as impresive on a 305hp stock n/a mustang as it is on an already factory SC'd much lower hp thunderbird....I am however impressed with the new motor overall and expect that kind of performace with a blower.

As for a high an SC running high 11's with bolt ons....Depends what you consider boltons..How long the factory bottom end holds also is beyond me. But we do know a stock cammed SC motor with stock mustang split port heads TB and what not can get you into the low 11's. unsure what the best 1/4 or power that has been conducted on a stock bottom end..Maybe Ira?

Now single or twnurbo that new stang motor and lets make some real power!

Why shouldn't it be exciting? If you followed the whole article you would know that the bolt ons did little to improve performance, besides the blower. IOW it is a blower, gears, and exhaust car running 11's. NO supercoupe can claim that nor can it claim 13's from the factory. I would happily take that setup ovver the old tech 3.8/eaton setup anyday for my bird. Gas mileage would be sure to improve also. And it would still have abunch of potential left in it. There is no reason NOT to be impressed with this.

Last edited:
Well of course you are starting off with new technology and a lot more hp...Besides everything else. And no supercoupe due to that and its weight is claiming 13's stock..just aint happening. So being relly impressed with a high 11 just isnt as impresive on a 305hp stock n/a mustang as it is on an already factory SC'd much lower hp thunderbird....I am however impressed with the new motor overall and expect that kind of performace with a blower.

As for a high an SC running high 11's with bolt ons....Depends what you consider boltons..How long the factory bottom end holds also is beyond me. But we do know a stock cammed SC motor with stock mustang split port heads TB and what not can get you into the low 11's. unsure what the best 1/4 or power that has been conducted on a stock bottom end..Maybe Ira?

Now single or twnurbo that new stang motor and lets make some real power!

11.70's from a street car are impressive no matter what it is. Throw in the fact it will retain close to the factory fuel mileage of 31 mpg and most importantly retain it's factory 100,000mi warranty and there is again no reason to not be impressed. Honnestly though I am really sick of hearing about the weight being a factor. The new Mustang is no lightweightit is approaching that of the 89 to 97 t bird. Especially considering many of the t bird guys are getting weights down to 3650.

So what's a 305 hp 2011 mustang with mods cost?

vrs

The cost for an 11.7 t'bird.

Sean

So what's a 305 hp 2011 mustang with mods cost?

vrs

The cost for an 11.7 t'bird.

Sean

Mine cost less then buying the 2011 Mustang and modding it for sure, and its still a stock shortblock on moderate boost.

Considering I bought my SC for $4000 and then spent $2k on tranny I have over $13k to go to 1.5 second. I'm figuring heads, cam and tune to be ~$1500, should get me awful close and if not 10%OD and Snow. All this with a Eaton M90 case.

I'd still rather have the new technology. Want fuel economy? 2011 Mustang V6. Want parts? 2011 Mustang V6. Want aftermarket support? 2011 Mustang V6. Want to get your car worked on at the dealership? 2011 Mustang V6. The factory 3.8L V6 in our cars is finished. Parts will only become harder to find, aftermarket support is finished once Dave and Charles burn out. The only thing the Thunderbird has going for it is nostalgia and a comfortable ride.

I'd still rather have the new technology. Want fuel economy? 2011 Mustang V6. Want parts? 2011 Mustang V6. Want aftermarket support? 2011 Mustang V6. Want to get your car worked on at the dealership? 2011 Mustang V6. The factory 3.8L V6 in our cars is finished. Parts will only become harder to find, aftermarket support is finished once Dave and Charles burn out. The only thing the Thunderbird has going for it is nostalgia and a comfortable ride.

Tom I guess if I wanted something everyone else had...Id just go buy a mustang....Allthough the new stang motor in my tbird with twin turboes and a 6 speed auto.....NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL..Eco boost tbird FTW!

11.70's from a street car are impressive no matter what it is. Throw in the fact it will retain close to the factory fuel mileage of 31 mpg and most importantly retain it's factory 100,000mi warranty and there is again no reason to not be impressed. Honnestly though I am really sick of hearing about the weight being a factor. The new Mustang is no lightweightit is approaching that of the 89 to 97 t bird. Especially considering many of the t bird guys are getting weights down to 3650.

That v6 stang will not get a warrenty if it blows up! and as far as weight..Mines a little over 4100 with me in it..AND I get great gas miliage....When I dont get goofy with the foot pedal...But make no mistakes...Id rather hav ethe new 3.7 in my tbird along with a 6 speed auto or manual..And a turbo or two

Back