Once Again... Blower Rebuild Parts ???

SeanMatteson

My blower is getting more and more noisy, so it's high time for a rebuild (and maybe a little porting). I've asked around and come up with the following parts list:

Qty Part Number
Required
(ea)

2 Bearing, Needle, INA #FC65477.1
1 Bearing, NSK #NC6203C3X28,
(#6203DDU8AC3EX28)
1 Bearing, NSK #NC6204C3X28,
(#6204DDU8AC3EX28)
1 Seal, Chicago Rawhide #7968
1 Loctite Gasket Eliminator 518, #51831
1 Husky Grease, #00603

I'm still looking for a part number for the two bearings that go on the rotor shafts between the drive gears and the rotors themselves. It's rumoured that the NSK #6203DDU8AC3EX28 bearings are used here as well, but I'd like to be sure before I order the wrong parts. Apparently, there are a couple of seals that go into the cartridge near these bearings, and I need part numbers for those. Also, if anyone knows the appropriate part number for the '93+ style spring-loaded couplers, I'd like to swap a new one into my '90 blower during the rebuild.

A new technical article might be in order!

Thanks in advance,

Sean

When I opend mine I think the center bearings were the same(not sure). On a blower I had that was totally fried the center bearings were still in better shape than the nose bearings(not loaded down as much). The casting is also formed around those bearings, plus timing the rotors back seems impossible, even a few thousandths off would toast the rotors and aluminum would probably imbed itself in the engine:D

I'm planning on doing this, but I'll just let you know what my "plan" is. I am going to have the rotors painted with urethane automotive paint(PPG, BASF etc etc), this should take the heat and close the rotor gap;). Maybe a nice purple or yellow for more power:D. I was just going to compare the max boost say in 3rd at a certain RPM(about 5 grand), before and after.

Eaton did not use paint on the rotors ever! Instead they coated them with a teflon coating, and it has issues with flaking off and being ingested by the engine.

paint inside the intake system does no harm if it flakes, if it doesnt work I'm out 5$ in paint I used from my can to paint the external surface of the blower. If it was harmful I wouldnt bother

They are a simple epoxy based coating quite similiar to the powdercoat used on the outside of the blower. This has come up in conversation before on the boards and has become a pet peave of mine, sorry if I seemed harsh about it. Personally, I will not put a coated rotor blower on my car if its that lousy coating from eaton as I am very unkeen to the idea of it flaking into my car which I witnessed Chris Mendola's 3 month old at the time S model had done on his coy stage 2 motor (ouch). Have I mentioned lately that ESM will be offering recoated rotors done in house in the near future?

No problem Paul. Thanks for clearing up the coating subject. I agree with you about the coating. There will never be any on my rotors.:)

Paul,

So then if you are going to run coated rotors, what should be used for a coating??? Is the teflon the correct coating? I'm hearing there are some considerable benefits to running the coated rotors.

What is ESM planning to charge to coat rotors?

Best regards,

Sean

Sorry. I was posting at the same time as Stan.

Also, back to the original subject of this thread...

Does anyone have part numbers for the cartridge bearings and seals, and the spring-loaded couplers???

Thanks,

Sean

Back