whipple kit

Based on my experience so far.... Rico is pretty close to dead nuts on the $.

I would consider my parts list very well sourced... a large % of lightly used in the build.

$10,000.00 is realistic in hard costs and I am working with a fabricator.

Paul

Its not to discourage, but if you start on something, then it hits you like :eek: and your sitting with a car that now doesnt run, and is useless to try to sell, so it sits and collects dust. When I built my turbo setup, I had a rough guess at what it was going to cost me. I ended up with 1200bux in stuff I forgot to add, hole saws, cut off wheels, AN fittings, hose, fuel rail junk, gaskets, flanges etc. And the day comes where Im just about to start the thing up and guess what, I honestly, ~~~~ you not here, could not afford to buy 6qts of oil and a filter to start it up. It had to sit a week before I came up with the money. Then Im driving it around washing the cylinders down with fuel, not being able to afford fresh oil, or the tune it needed.

To the OP, I hope you get the whipple you want, just be prepared for unexpected expenses, it makes it much less stressful. Like studying for a test, if your prepared to deal with unexpected questions, you're stress free, while the hungover guy next to you is trying to google answers on his cell phone.

Whipple

Yea I'm used to unexpected expenses, nothing can ever go as planned lol. I never considered stroking an engine what's the advantage there? My plan is to have the car completely done in two years or less if $$$$$$ is there. I do plan on buying used parts when I can to help offset some of the cost.

Back