Mustang SC engine swap underway

Roadhawg

Today I pulled the stock 3.8L NA engine out of my daughter's Mustang. Tomorrow is a day of cleaning and prepping. Then the forged SC engine will be going in on Sunday. If all goes well, it will be up on the Dyno at 9am Wednesday for a tune.

Attachments

• 98engine5.jpg
    98engine5.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 8,042
damn clean engine, what kind of power do you expect it to make?

looks like an mp inlet, 85mm t/b, underdrives, o/d pulley minus the belt

you said forged lower.. i take it head work and cam too?

damn clean engine, what kind of power do you expect it to make?

looks like an mp inlet, 85mm t/b, underdrives, o/d pulley minus the belt

you said forged lower.. i take it head work and cam too?

I was hoping for 300rwhp and 375rwtq

Build List:
SC Block .30 over
SC Forged Crankshaft
94/95 SC connecting rods (ARP rod bolts)
Wiseco .30 over Forged pistons
94/95 SC windage tray
Big valve Dave Dalke ported heads
ARP head studs
218/224 540 lift cam
Scorpion Roller rockers
MPX 15% OD
MP Raised Top
MP 85mm throttlebody
60lb injectors
Kenewagner Double IC
05+ GT slotted MAF
SC underdrive pulleys

We went to the Dyno today for a tune. Tomorrow we will go to Hertford, NC for Test N Tune and Saturday will be the first race of the season.

Attachments

• Jen Dyno.JPG
    Jen Dyno.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,489
That is a Dyno-jet....
Nice Job Todd. She will be the Fastest 20yo girl in town....

Last edited:
We just got back from Test n Tune at Hertford NC 1/8 mile. The car ran a 8.04 at 87.9mph with 1.924 60ft.
That was with some tire spin out of the hole due to track prep. I guess I should replace the stock V6 transmission and torque converter with the Dirtydawg converter and built 4R70W I have sitting in the garage.

That's a mid 12 second run right now.......good job. Tighten up the 60' and Jennifer should run close to a 12.0-12.1.

It has been a busy week. Yesterday we went back to Hertford to race. My daughter got knock out in the third round.
She ran a 7.99 on a 7.99 dial in, but that was with her backing off to prevent a breakout.

It has been a busy week. Yesterday we went back to Hertford to race. My daughter got knock out in the third round.
She ran a 7.99 on a 7.99 dial in, but that was with her backing off to prevent a breakout.

If she lost then she must have been sleeping at the tree..............:eek:

Back