Mustang SC engine swap underway

Took the Mustang to Friday Test n Tune at Hertford last nite. The air was nice and cool, so I figured it would be a good chance for a fast run.
The car made a 7.85 @ 88.57mph, with some traction issues.

Took the Mustang to Friday Test n Tune at Hertford last nite. The air was nice and cool, so I figured it would be a good chance for a fast run.
The car made a 7.85 @ 88.57mph, with some traction issues.

Little by little that thing getting closer to a 12.0 time, 7.85 is a 12.2 in the 1/4, that's what I run on motor......:eek:

Little by little that thing getting closer to a 12.0 time, 7.85 is a 12.2 in the 1/4, that's what I run on motor......:eek:

I am happy with the overall performance.
The motor was built to handle a touch of Nitrous, but I'm not sure if that will happen this year.

I am happy with the overall performance.
The motor was built to handle a touch of Nitrous, but I'm not sure if that will happen this year.

If and when you do I would go with a Zex system, easy to install, simple to recalibrate and works great.

I agree, we plan on going with a ZEX Blackout system.

That system seems to be the "new" version of the one that I have. I'm curious as to how it "senses" rich or lean conditions by monitoring bottle pressure and adjusts as needed. Another reason I know you like that kit is that all components are black and easy to hide or blend in.......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Seems you know me fairly well....;)

Probably too well...........:rolleyes:

I'm still waiting to get my buddy over here to weld up my exhaust. If he can't make it this week then I'm going to my backup plan, one of his co-workers in the same shop. I know he'll jump on the opportunity quick to pocket $100 for a few hours work.

YEAH! ...As long as you leave the nitrous bottle for the dentist to use. :)

I've been dragging my feet lately, I had a nitrous solenoid sticking so I think I have that fixed. If I can get motivated maybe this Friday is the day, if not it'll have to be 2 weeks from now because VMP is booked up next Friday-Sunday with the Super Chevy Show.

And my nitrous bottle is like the American Express card motto, "never leave home without it"...........when heading to the strip.........;)

This car is pretty nasty ! Love it.

Ive just started a thread wanting more in depth info on the supercoupe swap.

Only issue is i have a 2004.

4.2 HCI etc etc 100 shot of nitrous.

7.81 @ 87 1.73 60' is my best. Cant wait to play in this cold weather.

I didn't buy the black out system. Instead I used black wireloom since my mustang has so much black ~~~~ already.

People look and look and never see it. Even those who know I have nitrous have a hell of a time looking for it. :D

Did an amazing job of hiding it if I do say so myself ;) (many others do too)

But im really wanting to do a SC build just like this in my 04. Was hoping for about 300/400. Seeing now whats thats gonna take, its not gonna be easy but Ill be trying.

Just gotta work out the kinks and figure out how this swap will work on the 04!

Awesome build you have !

You will run into a lot of nay sayers on a New Edge M90 swap. On my 4.3L with a MPX at 25% OD I made 367rwhp and 450rwtq.
The car ran a 7.28 with a 1.56 in the 1/8th mile. I built my daughter's 98 Mustang as a stout daily driver.

Todd

Back