Finally back out!! Cecil 11/12/2011

1MTNCAT

Well after three years I finally have the car back together although still in previous powertrain configuration.

Have some bugs to get out of it but that should be sorted out by spring.

Track Day temps were good, traction fair, 15 MPH headwind/crosswind most of the day.

Needless to say with it back together there were a few issues, particularly on the nitrous runs but that will be corrected for spring.

First pass off the trailer NA the car ran a new best ever of 13.12 @ 104.7MPH. Then the remaining passes were all in the 12's. The best NA ET of the day a 12.94 with best MPH of 105.25. Needless to say I was happy. That was also with the larger 27" drag tires not the previously used 26" tires. The car is making more power and running stronger than ever on motor. Stock 4.6L bottom end, stock PI heads, small set of cams, shorty headers.

60ft 1.84
330 5.32
1/8 8.251
MPH 83.29
1000 10.800
1/4 12.94
MPH 105.25

Then it came to nitrous time. Had an issue with my bottle while trying to heat it and get bottle pressure. Didn't realize what had happened until I had staged, made the run and came back. The connection at the front under the hood to the box was very loose. The whole time the bottle was heating it was leaking bad under the hood. After the burnout a huge snowball fell out from under the car. Needless to say there was very little if any nitrous in the bottle. It got a small hit but then that was it. It was totally out. Numbers on that pass were:

60 1.64
330 4.92
1/8 7.72
MPH 85.00
1000 10.16
1/4 12.21
MPH 110.01

2nd Nitrous pass I borrowed Jason Millers bottle which had some in it but wasn't full. Got to the line and made a pass with it but bottle pressure was way low. This was also the only full nitrous pass run I got in. The numbers looked like this. This was also on the 27" tires not my normal 28's+.

60 1.62
330 4.80
1/8 7.53
MPH 89.59
1000 9.90
1/4 11.91
MPH 112.35

Last pass I had the bottle where it needed though low on nitrous but had to abort the run between the 60' and the 330' mark due to other reasons.

However on that run the 60 ft was awesome even on the little tires and it ripped a 1.59 before the problem.

All in all a good day (first outing) with the car. I just have to get the bugs sorted out on the bottle. Plus's....The car is leaving extremely hard with the new set up, hooking then, unloading the small tires enough on the spray it can't hold it. Plenty of fuel pressure now. ALL 3 nitrous passes had the front tires in the air. The weight transfer that I had hoped for is working. Just need to get things in place to hold the traction.... ie.. Tires!

Jason Miller also ran new times today with his SC. Thanks to him I was able to make a subsequent bottle hit, and he got one shot with his and my 27" drag tires which helped him out as well. Maybe he will post his numbers up here.

What a way to end the season for us northerners. Also, I believe some others may have had some new times too. John Speziale with his Supercoupe ran some good numbers today. I did see Siska's car make a nearly 134 MPH pass yesterday. Thats incredible.

I also want to thank Chris Vining for bringing the wideband. I only was able to get data on one pass but that at least will give me something to look at.

Appreciate it Chris!

:D

Attachments

• takeoff3.jpg
    takeoff3.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 133
Dang didn't know you were pullin wheels like that. I woulda got the HD camera up there on the line. Or slapped the gopro on there.

Dang didn't know you were pullin wheels like that. I woulda got the HD camera up there on the line. Or slapped the gopro on there.

Didn't know you had all that!

We need to "DO WORK" on yours over the winter bud!!! ;)

If I could have had all the stars align and everything worked right and tires I expect low to mid 1.5's and pulling hard out the top. It was turning the tires after the launch and on the 1-2 shift. :eek:

Nice times Steve and that's a bad azz pic of you pulling the front wheels........why can't I do that.......:confused:

Well after three years I finally have the car back together although still in previous powertrain configuration.

Have some bugs to get out of it but that should be sorted out by spring.

Track Day temps were good, traction fair, 15 MPH headwind/crosswind most of the day.

Needless to say with it back together there were a few issues, particularly on the nitrous runs but that will be corrected for spring.

First pass off the trailer NA the car ran a new best ever of 13.12 @ 104.7MPH. Then the remaining passes were all in the 12's. The best NA ET of the day a 12.94 with best MPH of 105.25. Needless to say I was happy. That was also with the larger 27" drag tires not the previously used 26" tires. The car is making more power and running stronger than ever on motor. Stock 4.6L bottom end, stock PI heads, small set of cams, shorty headers.

60ft 1.84
330 5.32
1/8 8.251
MPH 83.29
1000 10.800
1/4 12.94
MPH 105.25

Then it came to nitrous time. Had an issue with my bottle while trying to heat it and get bottle pressure. Didn't realize what had happened until I had staged, made the run and came back. The connection at the front under the hood to the box was very loose. The whole time the bottle was heating it was leaking bad under the hood. After the burnout a huge snowball fell out from under the car. Needless to say there was very little if any nitrous in the bottle. It got a small hit but then that was it. It was totally out. Numbers on that pass were:

60 1.64
330 4.92
1/8 7.72
MPH 85.00
1000 10.16
1/4 12.21
MPH 110.01

2nd Nitrous pass I borrowed Jason Millers bottle which had some in it but wasn't full. Got to the line and made a pass with it but bottle pressure was way low. This was also the only full nitrous pass run I got in. The numbers looked like this. This was also on the 27" tires not my normal 28's+.

60 1.62
330 4.80
1/8 7.53
MPH 89.59
1000 9.90
1/4 11.91
MPH 112.35

Last pass I had the bottle where it needed though low on nitrous but had to abort the run between the 60' and the 330' mark due to other reasons.

However on that run the 60 ft was awesome even on the little tires and it ripped a 1.59 before the problem.

All in all a good day (first outing) with the car. I just have to get the bugs sorted out on the bottle. Plus's....The car is leaving extremely hard with the new set up, hooking then, unloading the small tires enough on the spray it can't hold it. Plenty of fuel pressure now. ALL 3 nitrous passes had the front tires in the air. The weight transfer that I had hoped for is working. Just need to get things in place to hold the traction.... ie.. Tires!

Jason Miller also ran new times today with his SC. Thanks to him I was able to make a subsequent bottle hit, and he got one shot with his and my 27" drag tires which helped him out as well. Maybe he will post his numbers up here.

What a way to end the season for us northerners. Also, I believe some others may have had some new times too. John Speziale with his Supercoupe ran some good numbers today. I did see Siska's car make a nearly 134 MPH pass yesterday. Thats incredible.

I also want to thank Chris Vining for bringing the wideband. I only was able to get data on one pass but that at least will give me something to look at.

Appreciate it Chris!

:D

That is down right impressive:eek:

Ken

Thanks Dave!

All in good time. Some minor things to do yet. Hopefully by spring I'll have it back running full steam on the juice!

Once I get the tire situtation remedied, the 60's where they should be, a full bottle in good conditions and retweaked tune, I expect 11.5's -11.6's on spray.

I'll be happy with that on a factory stock 96 4.6L block, factory stock PI 2V heads, small set of cams, and shortie headers with the shot of juice.

I just wish I could have gotten my engine project started and completed before this. :(

Back