Holiday events:)

bgck7

Hi all:cool:,

Holiday cruise event on Dec 10 2011listed below with the norcalsvtoa for those who are interested. link as follows:

The holiday season is once again upon us and The Norcal SVTOA Sacramento Chapter is going to be once again sponsoring the second annual "Holiday Cruise for a Cause" on Saturday, December 10th, 2011. We would LOVE to have all those interested in the Norcal Ford performance vehicle community, not just the Sacramento area join us for this event if you have the ability, want and time.

I realize everyone is busy during the month of December, and I know everyone is having their own trying times in the tough economy were dealing with today. Still, we are all lucky and grateful to have what we do have.....and to be able to enjoy our health and love of cars through this club and hobby is truly a blessing. Its always a great thing no matter the time of year to share one's good fortune with those who may be down on their luck or need some help. Last year we had a goal that as a Chapter to start a tradition around the holiday season which combines our love of cars and to drive/cruise with the act of donating some toys for kids of families that are less fortunate then ours, and to help make this a truly special time of year for them. We were lucky enough to be able to do the first annual Holiday Cruise for the Cause last year. It was absolutely an amazing success due to everyone out there that took part in it and came out with their amazing vehicles and toys for donation. We had almost 30 cars that rolled up to the toy drop, and we filled over 3 huge bins of toys to be donated. I am hoping we can top that this year!!

The worthy cause we have chosen, once again, is the "Marines Toys for Tots" collection drive. Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public charity is the fund raising, funding and support organization for the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation was created at the behest of the U. S. Marine Corps and provides support in accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding with the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, who directs the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation has supported Toys for Tots since 1991.The mission of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted. Here is the website if you would like to read more about the program itself....and also a copy of the media release poster the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation is using for this event:

http://www.norcalsvtoa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8720

we can all meat at dan's if his available. i will be a bit tired since i will be arriving in the bay area in the next coming week from deployment. would love to see you all come to this:)

my phone #6507221238 if you need to get a hold of me.

happy holiday and hopefully to see you on this event.

regards,
ramon;)

Back