Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So how was the track guys?

So how was the track guys?

How was your day at the track guys? How'd you all run?

Cold air, good hp, not much sun, cold track surface, poor traction. Not many of the street machines were hooking. Softer launches might have helped the radials. Long burnouts definitely helped the slicks.

I had a personal best of 13.507s @101.34 mph on slicks with a 1.8 second 60' on ET Streets in my Fox Cougar.

My first visit to St. Thomas was a real eye opener when thinking back to Cayuga last year. St. T is sooo much better! They really went the extra mile get the track ready. They were dragging tractor tires up and down in an effort to prep the track. A flame thrower would have come in handy. At least they were trying. This time last year Cayuga closed the strip when it turned cold and cloudy in the afternoon rather than take action.

My thanks to everyone who went out. You guys supported me with good advice and loads of encouragement. I had a blast!

keith

Well Keith said it all. My best time was 15.15 ar 94 miles per hour

Well, to sum up...

94 Ultra........ $25.00
    Admission....... $30.00
    Dinner.......... $15.00 (with tip)

Seeing Ryan run a 24 second 1/4 mile..... Priceless!

Talking ROTFLMAO!!!

24 second 1/4 mile??? What did I miss??? What happened, Ryan??? You didn't break something, I hope!

Cheers,

Sean

Hrm my dinner with tip was 20$ ah well. I filled up with Ultra94 on the way at $42.50 and by the time I got back home it took $38 I was going 140+ the whole way home once on the 401 racing some crazy **** in a Mazda Protege. He was right on my ~~~ even if I was going 180. All in all it was a good day. My TA took itself to a 14.063 @ 102 best ET and 103.88 top MPH. My 60' times ranged from 2.3xx to 2.6xx and most being 2.4+ Oh and I think I need new front brake pads now.

No the worst poor Ryan broke was his pride...he missed many a shift but I think he had fun and that's what it's all about. He had a couple of real good 60ft times but them things happened. It's a learning experience and takes time and patience.

I won't talk about my problems...gurgle gurgle, bubble bubble, 'nuff said. She made it home with zero problems, not sure why she is doing this. I have never run her this hard when it is this cold outside with a stuck open 180 stat, tomorrow I am putting back in the 197 and see what happens. One diagnostic step at a time until problem is solved or at least pinpointed.

Despite the cold damp weather, shi-tty track conditions etc etc we had good time. We went to Braxtons for a great dinner as always and had quite a few good laughs. All in all a pretty good day had by all.

Good to hear that you guys had fun.

Fun? WoW!

Sorry I missed dinner with you guys. My pit crew, Wayne, had a dinner engagement.

How about some pix? Pardon my weak humour if you are offended by any comments contained therein.

Great pics Keith.....as usual

Good job, boys!!! Sounds like I could have had a great time were I not tied up at work.

...And good job on snapping some pics, Keith!

Regards,

Sean

Paul,

ROFLMAO.

Glad you guys had a good time.

As long as nothing broke....(SC track day "phrase-of-choice")

Yes it was very enjoyable being beaten twice in a row by a Pontiac Grand Am he ran a 14.98 beside me after we went through the timer and let off I noticed the big N and an arrow pointing to his trunk.

I found the best grip was to the sides of the rubber patches on the start line the rubber on the track was very cold and slick
    I am glad nobody really broke down with the exception of Les's Cougers indegestion problem burping coolant at least he got home ok and it seems to be running fine now.

I bettered my time a little bit and was able to take my father in law down the track once. He used to race there in the 60's and 70's with various cars of his own. So all in all it was a great day.

Well I had the pleasure of running him when he ran out of the big N. 15.702 vs my 14.236, 15.971 vs my 14.307, 16.013 vs my 14.199.. so don't feel bad cuz he wanted a peice of me real bad and I gave it to him each time I talked to him after and he told me he had been running NOS and that he also owned a 95 LT1 that he had been running a 150 shot on and his motor blew at 160,000km on it. I had a lot of fun and I'm glad we've got pictures!!!