2012 Carlisle

I havent heard of anyone else coming. I will bring some beer though. I just dont think I want to stay at the Hotel Carlisle again. I know it a great place for everyone to meet, but sorry to say, not worth spending the money on. I am at the age where comfort is a bit more inportant now. I will be alone, so anyone who wants or needs a place to stay, let me know. We can work out a deal. I am going to try and book a room tomorrow, so I will give details.
Matt Leskiw

I may be coming down, not really sure what my plans will be for that stretch. Carlisle, maybe in the 66 T-Bird, maybe ride along with some of the guys doing the Power Tour, the SAAC annual convention is also at Watkins Glen the following weekend. Hmmm ...

If I do end up wanting to go to Carlisle, Matt I may just tag along if you don't mind a passenger.

cheers
Ed

I may be coming down, not really sure what my plans will be for that stretch. Carlisle, maybe in the 66 T-Bird, maybe ride along with some of the guys doing the Power Tour, the SAAC annual convention is also at Watkins Glen the following weekend. Hmmm ...

If I do end up wanting to go to Carlisle, Matt I may just tag along if you don't mind a passenger.

cheers
Ed
Hell no Just let me know, my friend. Would be great to see you.
Matt

Matt, I am thinking I will attend this year. I have that weekend off work so that is a big step. I will be driving my 90 down.

Drew

cheers
Ed

Ed,
Forgot to tell you the other day; if you do make it down, two words.....COLD SHOTS!!!!!! :D:D It's been a looonnnggg time!

DW

Dave....Seegers knows where I will be and how far from wherever the hell you guys are talking about! I will be in South jersey at 2 for work. Im figuring a few hours there then Im heading into Philly area (not far)

SO LET ME KNOW!...Im not familiar with these parts haha!

Hotel Info

I just check the Econo Lodge and it appears that they are sold out along with several motels. It might be too late to block rooms so I am going to make reservations some where that has good prices. Hotel Carlisle still has rooms available $133. and $140. a noght

Well I am confused I just made reservations at the Econo Lodge $120. a night thru Choice Privileges website but Carlisle Econo Lodge's website claimed they were full. :confused:

OK, Registered the BlueBird today. I can feel the shaking in the boots now!!!!!!!! Booked a room for 3 nights. All set now. Be advised, rooms in Carlisle are almost non existent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Leskiw

Last edited:
Ken,
Any update on the hotel information?

DW

It looks like Hotel Carlisle again. I will try and call again today. Some of ones I looked at are cheaper than Hotel Carlisel, but they have issues with cleanliness. The ones that rate higher in quality are also more money. I will try and get a couple of choices, but I will probably stay at Hotel Carlisle again this year.

Ken

:D:D
It looks like Hotel Carlisle again. I will try and call again today. Some of ones I looked at are cheaper than Hotel Carlisel, but they have issues with cleanliness. The ones that rate higher in quality are also more money. I will try and get a couple of choices, but I will probably stay at Hotel Carlisle again this year.

Ken

Ken,
I did a quick check yesterday. How about the Red Roof Inn on Route 11 (1450 Harrisburg Pike). It apparantly used to be a Motel 6 but is now under new management. It's down route 11 about half a mile from the Hotel Carlisle. They rated pretty good on the site I checked out and their prices weren't bad. FWIW....Hotel Carlisle Rated 23rd out of the 25 hotels in the greater Carlisle area!!! Gotta Love it!!! :D:D BTW....10:00 start time Sunday. I just need to get a cherry-picker. :rolleyes:

Dave

Back