Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by 89XR7TD View Post
    I'm planning on going...my first carlisle event!!

Tom D.
    Awesome! Always a good time.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Riding jack stands.

I really need to straighten up this post with all the info/./Sorry guys for slacking..Havent had time to fully concentrate
    Doing a JD. Current most HP/TQ per lb of boost, turbo or Supercharged FActory 3.8 SC v6 ford block based. Yahh Buddy
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlowpokexX View Post
    I really need to straighten up this post with all the info/./Sorry guys for slacking..Havent had time to fully concentrate
    What!?! Like you have something else important going on to occupy your time!!!

I spent the entire weekend underneath the rear of the '93 trying to "repair" some really bad body rot, which I know needs to be addressed by a professional soon, but I'm hoping to get both cars running first. I also broke two bolts off attempting to replace the rear subframe-body support brackets, both of which had rotted away to nothing. The rear bolts going through the subframe itself are another story; broke two Snap-On sockets trying to get them out! Decided to call it quits before I attempted the fuel tank bolts. That needs to be replaced because there's literally NOTHING left of the lower heat shield. SC's are like women; pretty on the outside doesn't always equal pretty on the inside. I may just concede the '91-93 category to Seegers again and throw the new motor in the '94!! Ok, rant over....

DW
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Wardboy View Post

I may just concede the '91-93 category to Seegers again and throw the new motor in the '94!! Ok, rant over....

DW
    I need to get my lazy ~~~ out and start getting my '95 clean, all the parts on, and the broken crap fixed. Its gonna be her first time at Carlsle!!!!!!!

Always a good time. Many of us have even gone in years past without our cars!

DW

I spent the entire weekend underneath the rear of the '93 trying to "repair" some really bad body rot, which I know needs to be addressed by a professional soon, but I'm hoping to get both cars running first. I also broke two bolts off attempting to replace the rear subframe-body support brackets, both of which had rotted away to nothing. The rear bolts going through the subframe itself are another story; broke two Snap-On sockets trying to get them out! Decided to call it quits before I attempted the fuel tank bolts. That needs to be replaced because there's literally NOTHING left of the lower heat shield. SC's are like women; pretty on the outside doesn't always equal pretty on the inside. I may just concede the '91-93 category to Seegers again and throw the new motor in the '94!! Ok, rant over....

DW
    And this car took a trophy?
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Riding jack stands.

Always a good time. Many of us have even gone in years past without our cars!

DW
    Do I need to get my 93 ready for you again????
    1992 Thunderbird SC
    13.322 @ 102.81
    1993 Thunderbird SC 5spd..white
    2002 F350 SD Diesel (SC tow vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Seegers View Post
    Do I need to get my 93 ready for you again????
    Depends on how the next few weeks go. I'm sure motivation will eventually replace frustration...

Ive never understood how they do the judging.....Its so arbitrary..........But always a great time. Coming down on Thursday.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN38 View Post
    And this car took a trophy?
    It doesn't even get better looking after a few beers either!!!

I always worry about mine looking like that. And am afraid to take the ground FX off. I'm pretty sure it doesn't tho. Can you tell its that bad from the outside?
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Riding jack stands.

Heres how mine was.
    Makin some power!

Quote Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
    Ive never understood how they do the judging.....Its so arbitrary..........But always a great time. Coming down on Thursday.

Matt
    Carlisle judging is participant judging. A lot of times, the location of your car can play a roll in the judging as people who drive other models may not walk the entire field of SCs to pick their favorites....pretty sure that's what happened the last time I got a 1st place:

I know when I have voted for other classes at Calisle, there are a ton of cars to look at and the longer my voting dragged out, the less details I looked at.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN38 View Post
    I always worry about mine looking like that. And am afraid to take the ground FX off. I'm pretty sure it doesn't tho. Can you tell its that bad from the outside?
    Mine had a good bit of rot on the rear floor/body seam when I bought it, but I didn't know about the quarter until the ground effect piece actually moved when I was detailing the car. The two bottom clips didn't have anything solid to hold onto anymore! If your rear floors look pretty good underneath, your quarters hopefully are fine too.

DW

Quote Originally Posted by neverfastenough View Post
    Heres how mine was.
    That's how my passenger side looked after I pulled the molding...no corner piece left at all!!

DW