Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Carlisle

Cant say that not the first time ive looked at that rot....when I was hunting for a car, all of them seemed to be rotted in the same place.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Wardboy View Post
    What!?! Like you have something else important going on to occupy your time!!!

I spent the entire weekend underneath the rear of the '93 trying to "repair" some really bad body rot, which I know needs to be addressed by a professional soon, but I'm hoping to get both cars running first. I also broke two bolts off attempting to replace the rear subframe-body support brackets, both of which had rotted away to nothing. The rear bolts going through the subframe itself are another story; broke two Snap-On sockets trying to get them out! Decided to call it quits before I attempted the fuel tank bolts. That needs to be replaced because there's literally NOTHING left of the lower heat shield. SC's are like women; pretty on the outside doesn't always equal pretty on the inside. I may just concede the '91-93 category to Seegers again and throw the new motor in the '94!! Ok, rant over....

DW
    I always spray bolts down with soem pb blast then heat em up before trying to remove
    What do Turbo Supercoupes and a certain someone have in common. They both go "BOOM!"
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlowpokexX View Post
    I always spray bolts down with soem pb blast then heat em up before trying to remove
    But not spark plugs.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Riding jack stands.

oohhhh snap lmao..I can laugh about it now!
    What do Turbo Supercoupes and a certain someone have in common. They both go "BOOM!"
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

I actually soaked them in GM Heat Valve Lube three or four times Saturday before I tried. They're just rusted fast.

I had a similar with a tank bolt.

Sharp air chisel.

Picked a corner on the bolt and started in on it.

About a minute in she broke free and rotated out.

Just an option.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by shoalcracker View Post
    I had a similar with a tank bolt.

Sharp air chisel.

Picked a corner on the bolt and started in on it.

About a minute in she broke free and rotated out.

Just an option.

Paul
    Paul,
    I will definately keep that idea in mind. Gonna play around with it some more tonight. Thanks for the suggestion,

Dave

I really need to straighten up this post with all the info/./Sorry guys for slacking..Havent had time to fully concentrate
    Red 94 5 Speed
    1 of 722

2013 Carlisle 1st Place Winner, 94-95 SCs
    2012 Carlisle 2nd Place Winner, 94-95 SCs

OK, whats up with all you Peppes and Carlisle? Who is in and who is out, and where are you staying? I am at the Marriot in south Harrisburg, will be arriving Thursday evening with Ed and maybe one other from Ontario.If your going out for a dinner, keep me in mind Anyone have a Blackberry, PM me your PIN Number.
    https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...mechanicsburg/
    Matt
    905-244-5380
    Last edited by coolhand; 03-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
    OK, whats up with all you Peppes and Carlisle? Who is in and who is out, and where are you staying? I am at the Marriot in south Harrisburg, will be arriving Thursday evening with Ed and maybe one other from Ontario.If your going out for a dinner, keep me in mind Anyone have a Blackberry, PM me your PIN Number.
    https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...mechanicsburg/
    Matt
    905-244-5380

I will be getting there Friday around noon staying at the Econolodge. We usually go to Hooters on Friday night for dinner.
    Red 94 5 Speed
    1 of 722

hey guys

Hey fella's !!! Welcome to the 2012 Carlisle season.

FYI.....Spoke to a "representative" of the Hotel Carlisle. I asked if the cleanliness issue has been resolved and are there still issues with bugs in the beds.....Answer was NO!!! Still a disgusting place for them to say that.

Anyway, On a better note, hopefully, the Canadian Beer Pong team is back ....KEN, DAVE you know what I'm talking about.....

Olive garden again this year??? If so, will get things moving. Anyone want a different restaurant?

I think its fine but its up to you guys.

anyway, Ken, I will bring the babysitter again this year...FIREWORKS!!!!

Don

I plan to be there. Usually show up late thursday night. Will be staying at the roach motel in carlisle. But heck who sleeps at carlisle anyway.

Olive Garden is fine with me.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Riding jack stands.

Good the hear from you Don! Ken and I are booked for the Hotel Carlisle again. Should be there by lunchtime Friday. Olive Garden will be fine for Saturday...even if we can't get a waitress to come back to the hotel again!!!

Matt, I think Ken still has his Blackberry. We usually have dinner at Hooters in Mechanicsburg Friday night. Last year we left the the fairground around 5:00, lined up for the car cruise back to the hotels, got washed up and made Hooter's for around 7:00. Saturday night is Olive Garden. Not sure on the time, but I'm sure Don will post something once we're closer to the show and can get a semi-accurate head count. Ed is actually going to come?!?!

Dave

Can we get a 2012 Carlisle forum going....I emailed Pat maybe a minth ago but I dont know who does it!

Carlisle Pre-registration discount ends April 30th and all registration fees will increase by $10.

30 days to go to pre-register
    Red 94 5 Speed
    1 of 722