2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

I hate that it's the same weekend as Carlisle every year to start to Tour. But I try to hook up and tag along a few stops.

I'm not sure which car and how far I'll go this year, but I hope to join the Power Tour again this year.

Actually, the Tour used to be a week earlier, but it still conflicted with Carlisle :mad:

Racing??

Is there any drag racing that happens at the stops with the Motorsports Parks or do they use those venues due to space and parking needed for a large crowd?

Just wondering, not going to bother me or stop me from coming if they don't obviously, just curious.

Smitty

Is there any drag racing that happens at the stops with the Motorsports Parks or do they use those venues due to space and parking needed for a large crowd?

Just wondering, not going to bother me or stop me from coming if they don't obviously, just curious.

Smitty
I suspect they will let cars race down the strip, at least they have in the past.

Added some hotel information to the first post. I do not have the exact contact info as I didn't make the reservation, but they should be from the list of hotels on the Family Events website.

Spouses

My wife was wondering if there are any spouses that are planning on attending any or all of this power tour? She would hate to be the only spouse and not have any other ladies to hang out with at each stop.

Just wondering

Smitty

I'll be making it solo, or with a buddy. I don't think the wife could stand riding in the SC with no AC in June.

Thinking the same

I'll be making it solo, or with a buddy. I don't think the wife could stand riding in the SC with no AC in June.

I was thinking the same thing and asked her about it, but she said she is up for it it I want to take my car instead of her SC.

It shouldn't be to bad until we hit OK, and TX in the first week of June.

But will see if she is planning on attending at all.

My wife is coming as is my daughter.

I suggest we select our own hotels within the general area to book reservations. It would be nice if we could at least group in the morning and evening at the same hotel. Staying at the host hotel is not really an option, even staying close by might be pushing it. We tended to pick a hotel a few miles away to save money (well and also to find one that wasn't booked solid). In some cases we stayed in neighboring towns. The tour leaves from prescribed places (generally no where near the host hotel) at set times each morning so it is not difficult to congregate there at the start of your day's travel.

Riding in the SC isn't going to be any worse than hanging out at the car show for 5 hours in the direct sun after you get where you're going. It would be totally lame to run power tour with the window up anyway. This is definitely a windows down, messy hair kind of deal.

My wife loves going on Power Tour but she's a bit weird too.

My wife was wondering if there are any spouses that are planning on attending any or all of this power tour? She would hate to be the only spouse and not have any other ladies to hang out with at each stop.

Just wondering

Smitty

Smitty,

If I can go, Kathy will be with me for at least the first half (Detroit to Madison).

David

My wife is coming as is my daughter.

I suggest we select our own hotels within the general area to book reservations.

The hotels that I posted will be the hotels that Micah, Tony and myself are staying. If anybody chooses another hotel, just post it in a reply. I can add it to the first post if you want me to.

I updated the first post with hotel contact information for the hotels shown in the stop list.

I also, added a link to the 2011 Power Tour schedule to give noobs a basic idea of what happens on the tour.

Additional hotels added to the first post. BTW, all of the hotels in Miami, OK appear to be booked, so you need to make your reservations.

I may try to find a closer hotel to the Stillwater, OK stop.

Updated the hotel list. I did manage to find a room in Stillwater, OK and one of the event hotels, despite the fact that the Family Events website is down. I was told there are only a few rooms left in the block.

Obviously, you do not have to stay at these hotels, but this is where 3 or 4 of us will be staying. But you should seriously consider making your reservations now even if you don't know for sure if you will be attending...you can always cancel the reservation later.

Reservations Made

Well, all hotel reservations are made!

Staying at all the same places Kurt had listed with the following exception in MO.

Staying here:
Microtel Sainte Genevieve
21958 Highway 32
STE Genevieve, MO 63670

Kurt, put my name on the list of Long Haulers I guess we are in too!

Smitty

Last edited:
I cant long haul it but I may try to make 4 and 5 since its so close. reguardless of whats going on I will be at stop 5. Gonna see if I can get the chief to come up with me.

Added a link to HotRod's Power Tour FAQ pdf, for those who don't know what the Power Tour is.

Smitty, you gotta take the nasty SC. This isn't some enjoyable cruise, it's a proving grounds for your most sketchy vehicle. Otherwise I wouldn't be taking my no wiper, no AC, annoying exhaust SC - but would kick back in the Marauder.

My wife can't make it. At best, her and my daughter will try to hook up with us at one of the stops.

Back