looking for an mn12 front subframe for a 93 sc around the MD area (VA/DC/DE/PA)

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Trying to re-do the entire front suspension on the 93 which gets driven the most. I'd like to prep an extra subframe with all the new components and just 'swap'.

I am aware that the 93 model year subframe was a bit different to accomodate all the engines used in 93 (3.8, 5.0) and also accommodate changes for 94+ engines...so the subframe I need has to be 93+. Preferably already removed :p. I'd just like to pick up. I'm trying to see if I get lucky and save my self a trip to the junk yard to remove remove one my self.

I'm in ohio but I have a few, they would need to be cleaned up but I was going to scrap them so I figure $50 is fair. I also have the one that has been all cleaned up and repainted I will be removing from my wifes car soon. I sand blasted it, welded up any weak points etch primered then painted it I would want $150 for it or I may just transfer it to my black car.
Alan

I'm in ohio but I have a few, they would need to be cleaned up but I was going to scrap them so I figure $50 is fair. I also have the one that has been all cleaned up and repainted I will be removing from my wifes car soon. I sand blasted it, welded up any weak points etch primered then painted it I would want $150 for it or I may just transfer it to my black car.
Alan

Man, those prices seem very fair but it's an 8 hour drive! According to google, you are close to Cincinnati correct?

Let me see what I got around here. I'll let you know, Luis.

You rock Chris, thanks alot bud!

BY the by...i'm also looking for a 94+ front subframe, however,I don't have the same urgency to get the 95 done asap. I'd like to get the 93 done first. Regardless, let me know what you have. I'm pretty sure I have a post saved which details the differences among the different subframes so I gotta do some searching.

I already have an 89 one, but pretty sure can't use that on the 93.

Alan

I am interested in your fixed up front subframe if he does not bite on it. Do you have any radiator cradles or front bumper covers for a 94/95? I'm in Indy so a trip to Cincy is very doable for me

Luis, I have a 96 4.6 frame that is completely empty and an early modle mark8 that has everything still on it, shocks, control arms, motor mounts, rack all the bushings are blown out on it.

You can have both for 40 bucks?

Luis, I have a 96 4.6 frame that is completely empty and an early modle mark8 that has everything still on it, shocks, control arms, motor mounts, rack all the bushings are blown out on it.

If Luis doesn't want the 96 K-Member, I'm interested....

Got ya. Hope he hurries up. Gettin ready to scrap this stuff.

I'll be driving down through your area sometime around the 24th (we have a house in Locust Grove that we visit once a month).

Just let me know.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm on crak or something, but I cant find the post in my subscriptions which I thought detailed the subframe differences.

Any clue Chris if that 96 frame or the mark 8 one will work with the SC's 3.8L?

I'm not sure if I'm on crak or something, but I cant find the post in my subscriptions which I thought detailed the subframe differences.

Any clue Chris if that 96 frame or the mark 8 one will work with the SC's 3.8L?

I don't know for sure. But I would think so. I'll try to get some measurements from my cars and the frames.

I posted over on tccoa and this is what i got:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?p=1408876&posted=1#post1408876

If this is correct, I already have my old 89's subframe so I'm covered for the 89-92.

Chris, I'll take those subframes from you. I'll give you a call and can arrange whatever pickup date is good for you.

DLF, if you can have whichever subframe I don't use. I need a 93+ subframe so either one of these will work. I'll just have to check them out and see which one I decide to beef up a bit. I'm located in Laurel, about an hour north from Chris so it's a bit closer to you in NJ. I also go to NY/NJ with certain frequency.

DLF, if you can have whichever subframe I don't use. I need a 93+ subframe so either one of these will work. I'll just have to check them out and see which one I decide to beef up a bit. I'm located in Laurel, about an hour north from Chris so it's a bit closer to you in NJ. I also go to NY/NJ with certain frequency.

Just let me know, I go up and down the I-95 corridor once a month.

Thanks!

Just let me know, I go up and down the I-95 corridor once a month.

Thanks!

I'll keep you posted. I haven't been able to call Chris yet to get those subframes but I will this week. I wanted to give you this link on tccoa:

there is a guy in jersey who will be parting a 94 and said he will have the k member available. I duno, he may be closer to you and depending on how quick you need it, it may be a posibility. My offer still stands for the free one though once I get them from Chris.

I'm going to the giants game on sunday.:cool:

Chris..i'll call u this week bro :p

I'll keep you posted. I haven't been able to call Chris yet to get those subframes but I will this week. I wanted to give you this link on tccoa:

there is a guy in jersey who will be parting a 94 and said he will have the k member available. I duno, he may be closer to you and depending on how quick you need it, it may be a posibility. My offer still stands for the free one though once I get them from Chris.

Yeah, I know Mike. :cool:

I may no longer need it, however, so I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Thanks.

Back