SCCoSW Meet in New Mexico

Now, this would be a hoot!

It's a darn shame it's so far away and a week before spring break. Somebody embibe for me.;)

I'm just waiting to hear from them on their schedule. If they can't make it your next in line. Would it be you and Jenn or just you?
Probably just me, but it is far enough away that Jenn might be ready to leave the little guy overnight with relatives.

I'm just waiting to hear from them on their schedule. If they can't make it your next in line. Would it be you and Jenn or just you?

Chris,

Kathy and I are both going. Let me know what hotel you are staying at so I can book a room at the same place. So we are leaving STL Friday and returning Sunday ??

David

Chris,

Kathy and I are both going. Let me know what hotel you are staying at so I can book a room at the same place. So we are leaving STL Friday and returning Sunday ??

David

The hotel is in this thread 1st or 2nd post by Kurt Sunday:

Ramada Inn
201 E University Ave
Las Cruces, NM 88005
(575) 526-4411

As far as our itinerary goes, we will have to leave in the morning Friday to be there by noon for when all the antics start. So more than likely departing at 7:00am. We will have a fuel stop just about the middle of Oklahoma at Weatherford, OK. (KOJA good prices on fuel.) Then continue on to Las Cruces (KLRU) arriving just before 1:00pm. Hopefully, by then there will be enough people there to pick us up at the airport. Sunday we can leave around 11am or so and that will get us home about 6pm. I'll be in touch with the full details later.

Kurt Sunday PM me your phone # again so we have it when we get there.

I'll be arriving about the same time (noon I think). Kurt, how big of a vehicle do you have? Might need a bus.

I'll be arriving about the same time (noon I think). Kurt, how big of a vehicle do you have? Might need a bus.

I'm going to go ahead and rent a car for weekend. I have plenty of AMEX points to basically get it for free. I'll get more details later but we will have a car so no worries.

Chris

I'll be getting in on Thursday and staying until Monday morning. I figure if I'm coming all that way I might as well enjoy some NM sun for a few days vs. the cold in Ohio.

Kurt said we may be driving out to the White Sands National Monument, which is the world's largest dune fields of gypsum sand. I Googled some pics of it and it is a beautiful place.

The El Paso, TX airport is the largest airport near by so you may consider flying in there too. It is less than an hour away and may be less costly than going directly into Las Cruces.

Is "Cash for Hookers" a new Obama stimulus package? Must be kind of like "Cash for Clunkers". Isn't the country in enough debt already!

Last edited:
Reservations are all set...just hope the weather plays nice since we are coming out in the bonanza. See ya all there.

I invited Paul Cornell to come to this outing as he is approx. 6 hours away near Phoenix and I heard today that he and his wife will be attending. ((( Updated 2/18...Paul can not make it now unfortunately)))

For those who may not know Paul he is one of the major guys who got this whole thing going back around 1995 or so. He was the editor of the Thunderbird Information Exchange (TIX) and he produced an informal newsletter for about 4 or 5 years which eventually spawned the SCCoA. Bill Hull, the originator of the SCCoA was talking with Paul years ago and he was encourage to create this organization by Paul. So, we should all be eternally grateful to this relatively unknown Tbird enthusiast.

Paul had a '91 5.0L Tbird and documented all the things he did to in in the TIX newsletters. He is retired now and did sell that car a few years back but now has a Marauder and a 6.0L GTO. I don't know which one he will bring but it is going to be an honor having him at this event!

Last edited:
Just a few days away, looks like the weather will be nice. We should arrive sometime around 1:30pm-2:00pm assuming the winds treat us right.

Winds are 60+ in the area today. I sure hope that changes by Friday.

Kelly Simons will arrive Las Cruces 3pm Thursday. Evanoff and I are on the same flight from DFW to ELP Thursday evening.

Kris Campos and David Dalke arrive Friday 11am ELP airport. Puff Carrasco will arrive noon. We should all be at the hotel by noon.

Get ready for some culture shock Gentlemen!

I PM(ed) you my cellular if you need anything.

Back