my new go fast goodies

Hmmm five liters, i have been starting to gather parts for the same type of project. have you been in touch with ohio crankshaft yet?

I had many people tell me not to use them, so iI crossed them off my list. King crankshaft will most likely be doing mine. Moldex is my second choice. Windberg, callies, bryant, would not do just one.

I had many people tell me not to use them, so iI crossed them off my list. King crankshaft will most likely be doing mine. Moldex is my second choice. Windberg, callies, bryant, would not do just one.

Really?what reasons were given as why not to use them? they told me. anything i wanted.

What a shame. they are like a30 min drive from my back step. i am going to do some digging. i cant imagine that as long as they have been around that they would continally put out bad product.

I am not saying they are not good. Just that there are better choices. Just like I run eagle rods in my engine now. But would never run them in my new engine.

I talked to ohio crankshaft and they wont build a new crank. wich i guess i never asked about building a crank, just modifing a stock one. just repair work. and long and short blocks.

I hope everything goes smoothly. I'd love to see how this works out! I like to see people do different and revolutionary things. That's what this community needs.

As far as the heads go, every motor's cylinder head is limited by its bore spacing. It will be tough to be able to make a cylinder head outflow an SVO inline valve head without equal or greater bore spacing than what an SVO has. I'm at 370cfm with plenty in my pocket.

I fyou were to actually go with a new head design and possibly a new aluminum block...Then why not change the bore spacing as well...I mean if ya going to go that crazy

I said 5.0. I did not say anything about 8 cylinders. And definitely not an svo.

Being serious now. I am very disappointed that I could not get the splitports where I wanted them. I don't understand why people don't do what you pay them to do. Chad Speier got some nice flow numbers, but didn't do what I wanted him to do, I know they could have been much better. So instead of spending more money on a head that probably wouldn't be strong enough to handle the power I plan on making, I decided to bite the bullet and go with a set of billet heads. I been talking to Dave Visner from visner engine development. Basically we are going to use his small block ford design ( developed for Australian prostock) and he will make a V6 version. The best part is that there are going to be 14 head studs instead of 8. For the block we are still using the 2001 mustang block. All six hole will be sleeved and be a 4.00 bore instead of the 3.80 bore. The center bore will remain in the same position but the outer bores will be moved further outboard to accommodate the larger bore.
So with the bore and stroke combo we will be right around 302 cubic inches.

Here you go

I always thought our lil v6 had the same bore spacing as a sbf. Guess im wrong. Ill go out back and take me some measurements. I believe the main difference is the SBF was designed to standard measurements and the Essex v6 to metric. Not so sure the difference in bore spacing is considered a performance upgrade nor optimal. I believe thats what Casey was reffering to and I was alluding to. Regardless as always Ill believe it when I see it or whatever it turns out to be

Last edited:
umm , go back and read what iI wrote. The bore spacing is getting changed. It will be the same as a small block ford.

Getting dangerously close to the point at which it would be easier to make a custom block and install cut-down Cleveland heads. ;)

3.8 = 4.193
4.5 = 4.469
5.0 = 4.38 Bore spacing

I won't get a billet block made until I break this block. Which may be 1 pass or 1000.

The heads I am getting are made for Australian pro stock. I am pretty confident they can perform quite well! I doubt there is a head out there designed for a 4 Inch bore that will be better. And having 6 head studs per cylinder is better than anything available.

Kevin,

With the cylinder bore spacing increased, does that create a problem using a stock cam lifter bores and cam lobe spacing ? Not really clear on how you are planning to arrange the intake/exhaust ports on the billet heads or if the current push rod locations create a problem.

David

Kevin,

With the cylinder bore spacing increased, does that create a problem using a stock cam lifter bores and cam lobe spacing ? Not really clear on how you are planning to arrange the intake/exhaust ports on the billet heads or if the current push rod locations create a problem.

David

all he really has to do is move the rocker stand. And for some reason if he can not do that you can get offset lifters and rockers. You can drill the lifter bores bigger and put an offset bushing in it also. But we are going to run an oversize lifter with a bigger wheel.

all he really has to do is move the rocker stand. And for some reason if he can not do that you can get offset lifters and rockers. You can drill the lifter bores bigger and put an offset bushing in it also. But we are going to run an oversize lifter with a bigger wheel.

I knew about the offset rockers but didn't know you could do an offset lifter.

David

Could you elaborate some more please. I am running them myself and curious as to why you say that?

Eagle rods are a good decent rod. Good to about 700 HP on a V8. I know many people will argue with that fact. And I know many people that are running much more than that, but does not mean that they are not on borrowed time. I plan on making over 200 HP per cylinder, I will be running Oliver billet rods. As I would not run eagles in my new engine, I also would never run Olivers in my current engine.

I knew about the offset rockers but didn't know you could do an offset lifter.

David

offset.jpg

Back