my new go fast goodies

That is why the heads are getting filled. To prevent them from lifting. The LS guys run into this since they only have 4 bolts per cylinder too. And if flow is your concern, then the 38 lbs of boost the F1R is capable of will solve that!

So even with 38 pounds of boost you can eliminate the intercooler when using methanol for fuel ?

David

So even with 38 pounds of boost you can eliminate the intercooler when using methanol for fuel ?

David

Yes, its actually hard to get enough heat in the engine with methanol. My buddy jeff lutz runs 50 plus lbs and no water. Look him up on you tube. Some very cool vids

also look how much just a little spray of 50/50 mix of water and meth cools down your air charge. now imagine how much 100 meth will be flowing, plus the fact that it takes almost double the amount of meth as it does with gas to make the same hp

Last edited:
Very cool Kevin...good luck with the build. But I liked how all your old polished tubing protruded from under the hood :(

Wow ! Do you have ET goal to go along with that ? Like skip the 9s and go straight to 8s :cool:

David

well i don't want to skip the 9's. i firmly believe my current combo can go 9.70's. then with weight savings of my new combo, even at same power that should get me 9.50. so yes 8 is the goal. blower is capable of 1300, thats plenty for 7's. but no one knows what will be the limiting factor. i am hoping filling the block and heads will allow 1000 HP. if not i really don't care. All i know for sure is that it will be a hell of alot faster.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4-YIDmwv4pE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i tune alot of meth only vehicles, the biggest problem we usually have is getting heat into the engine, typically most of the ones i deal with have gasoline injection to get them to fire off for the first few, then the meth takes over

sounds like fun, i still don't see why bothering with a 6 though for this 'project'

i tune alot of meth only vehicles, the biggest problem we usually have is getting heat into the engine, typically most of the ones i deal with have gasoline injection to get them to fire off for the first few, then the meth takes over

sounds like fun, i still don't see why bothering with a 6 though for this 'project'

I dont see why not go turbo at this point. Save yourself some stress on the engine and make the same power with less boost. Its no longer about keeping an m90 because thats what the car came with or going twin screw because it still kind of resembles the same setup

I like that he's doing it with a production block based v6. If he used an aftermarket block v8, it would be just like 1000 other cars, and wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

David

I dont see why not go turbo at this point. Save yourself some stress on the engine and make the same power with less boost. Its no longer about keeping an m90 because thats what the car came with or going twin screw because it still kind of resembles the same setup

i am not a tubo fan at all. i hate the staging process of big turbo cars, the simplicity of a supercharger is much more desirable for me. i don't care what anyone here says, you need more turbo hp to go as fast as a supercharged car can. not to mention a turbo car will trap much higher trap speeds even at the same e.t. which brings on more hazards. plus since the car is still pulling hard at the top end the likelyhood of spinning the tires through the traps are increased. i can go on and on. years ago i wanted to go turbo till i learned more.

Last edited:
Back