MPX/E85 Dyno Results.

I'm running 80lb injectors and a 255lph fuel pump with the stock fuel lines. My buddy who tuned my car didn't say anything about the fuel lines so I don't think they are a restriction at the level my car is at right now on E85. I don't know about E100 but somebody should try it out! : D

I'm running 80lb injectors and a 255lph fuel pump with the stock fuel lines. My buddy who tuned my car didn't say anything about the fuel lines so I don't think they are a restriction at the level my car is at right now on E85. I don't know about E100 but somebody should try it out! : D

Correct, I agree.. My questionability was on E100, since it would require even more volume than E85.

I plan to try the same thing this year with my stockish '94 SC, if the group buy ever goes through on those 80lb injectors, lol I think I will go with the Aeromotive 310lph pump and maybe raise base fuel pressure a bit. I've read that it helps with ignightability of Ethanol.

Congrats on the dyno numbers. That is some crazy torque! I love seeing stuff like this where people try new things.

Jeramie

Correct, I agree.. My questionability was on E100, since it would require even more volume than E85.

I plan to try the same thing this year with my stockish '94 SC, if the group buy ever goes through on those 80lb injectors, lol I think I will go with the Aeromotive 310lph pump and maybe raise base fuel pressure a bit. I've read that it helps with ignightability of Ethanol.

Congrats on the dyno numbers. That is some crazy torque! I love seeing stuff like this where people try new things.

Jeramie

When I put my bigger injectors on the race car I will put the old 80s on my stock 94 5 speed with the stealth pump and tune it on e85 too.

Jeramie

Thanks man, I'm definitely happy I made the switch to E85! :) Looking forward to seeing how ethanol works for your car.

When I put my bigger injectors on the race car I will put the old 80s on my stock 94 5 speed with the stealth pump and tune it on e85 too.

Sweet dude, make sure to post your numbers for your 94 when you get around to making the switch. Hopefully you'll like making the switch to E85 as much as I did.

What more mods do you have except the MPx, injectors and fuel pump?

Mods:
9" K&N cone air filter
76mm MAF
3 1/2" intake pipe
85mm throttlebody
custom built raised sc top
custom front mount intercooler
kooks mid length headers
2 1/2" test pipes (no cats)
2 1/2" true dual exhaust with no resonator
magnaflow mufflers
tuned with an sct chip
ac delete
10% od supercharger pulley
10% od jackshaft pulley
10% od crankshaft pulley
gates supercharger belt
magnum powers tensioner springs

Sweet, what duty cycle did you get with the 80lb injectors and 255lph pump? Maybe planning on running mine on E85 too

Mods:
9" K&N cone air filter
76mm MAF
3 1/2" intake pipe
85mm throttlebody
custom built raised sc top
custom front mount intercooler
kooks mid length headers
2 1/2" test pipes (no cats)
2 1/2" true dual exhaust with no resonator
magnaflow mufflers
tuned with an sct chip
ac delete
10% od supercharger pulley
10% od jackshaft pulley
10% od crankshaft pulley
gates supercharger belt
magnum powers tensioner springs

you are on the stock injector? wish ill get similar numbers with my mpx clone!!! will have almost the same mods that you have on a freshly rebuilt engine :):):):)

Sweet, what duty cycle did you get with the 80lb injectors and 255lph pump? Maybe planning on running mine on E85 too

It is more a relation to the engine, and tune. I can tell you that on my motor, the 255lph high pressure pump and stock fuel lines are not enough for 80lb/hr injectors and E85. (I was at over 120% duty cycle due to lack of fuel pressure) Others may not see such an issue.

It is more a relation to the engine, and tune. I can tell you that on my motor, the 255lph high pressure pump and stock fuel lines are not enough for 80lb/hr injectors and E85. (I was at over 120% duty cycle due to lack of fuel pressure) Others may not see such an issue.

I forget what is that with or without methanol?

Yes I know, but you have more rwhp than him, just wonder what duty cycle he had on his setup and power.

I can tell you that on my motor, the 255lph high pressure pump and stock fuel lines are not enough for 80lb/hr injectors and E85. (I was at over 120% duty cycle due to lack of fuel pressure) Others may not see such an issue.

Are you sure it was the lines and not the pump?

I wonder how you would have faired with an Aeromotive 340lph pump and stock lines? I know a proper tune on E85 is fuel hungry. My experience is not with SC's yet, but with GM 3.8L supercharged motors (GTP, Regal GS, etc). It requires about 30-35% more fuel at the same AFR as gas. But to make the best power, you need to be around .78 lambda (low 11's on a gasoline calibrated wideband), which eats up even more fuel. On a low boost or well intercooled setup you can go leaner, but on a high boost or non/under-intercooled setup, you gotta run it fat to see the biggest gains. Either way it won't knock, due to the octane, but leaner isn't necesssarily more power like gasoline. After all, the fuel is acting as your intercooler. I'm going to experiment with E100 on my GTP this year. Should be fun!

Jeramie

Last edited:
Are you sure it was the lines and not the pump?

When running on 92 octane pump gas, I only had done street tuning and didn't log fuel pressure or do a dyno run. But, I know that my wide band and data logging did not indicate an issue with high rpm, high boost runs with injectors duty or o2 levels. When I switched to E85, and tuned on the dyno, I found these issues.

Neither the pump nor the fuel lines were sufficient. I data log fuel pressure and with logged 12 v to the fuel pump (directly powered by the battery through a relay) , 19psi of manifold pressure at 5300 rpm (nearly 1000 rpm below my comfortable rpm point). In theory, that should give me 39+19 psi or 58psi at the rail for fuel pressure. What I actually saw was more like 36psi of fuel pressure at the rail. I verified the fuel pressure regulator was operating properly. (AFR got as high as 13.1"gas" though target was 11.2)

I will be cutting my old lines open when I replace them to look for any signs of problems that might explain the issues I had. Though in general I believe for my application, i need larger fuel lines. Work for the spring.

I'm not sure what duty cycle the injectors are running at. I was wondering that too and forgot to ask him! :eek: My car is getting a little belt slip with the scp pulleys but I'm going to buy the 10rib magnum powers pulley set here real soon when I get my tax money back.

The track opens up here in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to see what this thing can do.

Keep us updated bro. Excited to see your results.

That thing must be a tire fryer on the street!

Jeramie

By my calculations, running at 30% OD on the MPX, it is going to fall on its face at around 4200 rpm and become a huge heat pump and not move anymore air, and thats on a motor that can actually breath.

The rpm you saw the fall off at is to be expected because of the blower inlet plenum and the amount of back pressure the blower itself will be seeing right at the top, which would be in the neighbour hood of around 25psi or more with temperatures of 400+F, simply because the motor itself can't take the air the blower is putting out.

I don't think your car would do very well at the track because of traction issues with that much power down low, and the car falling over on its face because of heat etc.

Nice numbers though :).

Fraser

Back