Hello from Marin!

QuarterLife

I recently bought a 1990 Thunderbird SC with 130,000 miles on it. I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Congrats! How long were you looking? What made you choose that car? Anything out of the ordinary on the car or is it stock?

Have fun!

Congrats! How long were you looking? What made you choose that car? Anything out of the ordinary on the car or is it stock?

Have fun!

A friend of mine had a beat up white SC of the same year that, at first sight, I actually thought was a bit of a turd (A true sleeper!). Anyway, he wanted to sell it to me and let me drive it, and the moment I did I fell in love with it (I didn't know the car was blown until then!). The problem was, he had to do a lien sale on it to get it to me. I wanted 6 months for that car, and eventually found another one in Metallic Blue down in San Jose for $1600 and bought it that day! The car was stock engine wise when I got it with 132,000 miles, but had quite a bit of money put into it elsewhere (New radiator, new transmission, new ECU, etc). I found out on the way home why he sold the car for so little; it had a bucking and jerking problem that would occur randomly, which actually explains some of the strange replacements that were done (ECU, Crank Sensor, wiring harness). I threw a new coil pack at it and put some new grease on the DIS module and it was good to go! Since then I've put a ton of bolt-on/drop-in mods in it, installed a B&M hammer shifter, done some re-painting, and found that the previous owner had it all set up for a CB radio, complete with hidden antenna!

Last edited:
cool! there are a few of us down here in the south bay so keep in touch...we usually post in the Norther Cali forum in SCCOA

Back