Anyone in the twin cities area?

Jimmy

New to the forum and I was just checking to see how many fellow sc-ers are out there and if there are any plans to have a meet at all this summer

Hello and welcome. I live in Robinsdale. Not too much happens up here beside a few Ford shows and Car Craft. But usually I get my SC rolling by mid March and I drive it very often durning the warm months. I would love to have a meet. There is a few SC'ers here that I get together with so fell free to let us know.
What year SC do you have?

Joe

Last edited:
Carcraft in the summer and Muscle Car Shootout in the Fall. We had a spring and fall club clash in Iowa, but that has petered out.

2011 was a bad year for the club as we mirrored the nation in just trying to keep surviving. Car projects took a back seat.
We'll see how 2012 goes, Car Craft will be tough for me, as I need to pull the motor and heads, inspect it all, check the bearings, replace the oil pan, rework the intercooler, fab up the headers and re-plumb the fuel system.. oh and need a new diff and drag tires. So yeah.. lots of wrenching to be done in 2012. Should be done or driveable by Muscle Car.

Good to see there are some other peeps out there and I have a titanium 89. I'm planning on doing a whole top end rebuild this spring and put on my new exhaust system. Hollhopefully we can plan some more events. Maybe I could talk my boss into letting us have an event during our sport compact event in brainerd this late spring early summer. I so still gabber to get some more pictures of my car on here. Picked it up for 500 and its almost mint. Here is a picture of it on its way to Minnesota.

Attachments

• 1008111037.jpg
    1008111037.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 53
sweet looking car. If you see an event you are going to, just drop a note here or at midwestthundercats. If someone else is into it they'll get in touch. We don't always do formal events.

That sounds like a good plan, hopefully I can make some new SC buddies to hang with when there is some free time and go to some events as well. Are there any high hp SC's in the area?

That sounds like a good plan, hopefully I can make some new SC buddies to hang with when there is some free time and go to some events as well. Are there any high hp SC's in the area?

Paul, Pablo and Mike/Jenny probably have the most in our area.

Paul, Pablo and Mike/Jenny probably have the most in our area.

I would agree with this aswell. A couple guys i regualary hang with,
Minn95scya has some mild things done to it, but blown rings so he is sad:mad:. Davis97xr7 (his name is Joe too), well, lets not get into his SC, it should be all set to go in the spring:rolleyes:. Breadsax is stock and pretty clean and Mine is hoped up mildly.

I have the MPX with 15% OD, moved back from 25%, exhaust, tune from DD, 85mm TB, Raised top, Double IC KW 1st Generation and a few other goodies. Head work, but not any cam or rocker changes.

I have the MPX with 15% OD, moved back from 25%, exhaust, tune from DD, 85mm TB, Raised top, Double IC KW 1st Generation and a few other goodies. Head work, but not any cam or rocker changes.

I have the same except i have a 75mm TB, cam & rockers. We should get together with you Iowa folks sometime this spring/summer aswell.

The file I have is too large to post, but I will have to show you guys the shop car doing cyclones at 700hp lol. It's kinda cheating with that much power. So are there enough of us that want to dyno our cars that I should setup a meet/ dyno day at our shop?

The file I have is too large to post, but I will have to show you guys the shop car doing cyclones at 700hp lol. It's kinda cheating with that much power. So are there enough of us that want to dyno our cars that I should setup a meet/ dyno day at our shop?

I know i would do that...

So is it me or is the midwestthundercats forum kind of suck? I can't do anything on there because I don't "have permision" to do a damn thing. Pretty stupid to be a member if you can't even post or message anyone.

So is it me or is the midwestthundercats forum kind of suck? I can't do anything on there because I don't "have permision" to do a damn thing. Pretty stupid to be a member if you can't even post or message anyone.

Probably have to get permission to post. The guy that does that lives in Albert Lee. Give him a day or so to get the notification and get it setup.

The site has been dead as of late. I cant get to it from work and finding time once home hasn't happened hardly at all.

It's not worth a blood pressure check, just give it sometime.

Back