Anyone in the twin cities area?

The 89 is up on jackstands thanks to the nice weather. Awaiting complete front end suspension and steering. Rear is awaiting Mark VIII LCAs and diff install along with transmission, DFX cluth, Lighter Flywheel and rear main. Hope to have it all done by this weekend.

Might try and find a lighter Driveshaft since it's apart. Now, to just get the $ past the Mrs...........;)

The 89 is up on jackstands thanks to the nice weather. Awaiting complete front end suspension and steering. Rear is awaiting Mark VIII LCAs and diff install along with transmission, DFX cluth, Lighter Flywheel and rear main. Hope to have it all done by this weekend.

Might try and find a lighter Driveshaft since it's apart. Now, to just get the $ past the Mrs...........;)

Well, since you are not too far from us, we should all meet up when we get the cars done.

I make it up to the cities about once every 3 months or so. We use to live in Chaska and my wife is from Burnsville, so we visit family there and further north up around Leech Lake.

You all should come down to Tri-State and race or at least chat on the 28-29th of April.

I make it up to the cities about once every 3 months or so. We use to live in Chaska and my wife is from Burnsville, so we visit family there and further north up around Leech Lake.

You all should come down to Tri-State and race or at least chat on the 28-29th of April.

Well let us know when you will be up. I will try and make it out at the end of April to your area.

Just trying to help you out Mike.

From another forum Mike posted "it looks like the date would be around the 2nd weekend in April".

Going from the link below:

http://www.tristateraceway.com/sched...dule-print.htm

He normally has always had the Club Clash on the same day as a "Test & Tune".

Mike,

You may already know this...but I thought I would bring it up.

From another local forum they are having a track day on May 19th, 2012. So I asked how they were able to get that date. Here is his response.

"So i called the track manager, and he said as long the date doesn't have "special events" which are labeled in colors, there is always test and tune. So i picked a date with no colored lettering."

The link I gave above doesn't have colors, but if you go to http://www.tristateraceway.com/ and then click on Schedule you can see events that are in a color other than black.

Looks like they picked April 28th and 29th to race.

This post is copied over.

Thats a bummer as I have raced at cedar many times and they seem to be very accommodating. You should come up to BIR at the end of june and bring some peeps with you for a good racing time and some fun after the sun goes down :cool:

Thats a bummer as I have raced at cedar many times and they seem to be very accommodating. You should come up to BIR at the end of june and bring some peeps with you for a good racing time and some fun after the sun goes down :cool:

Been there several times. Use to live in Chaska. The group goes to BIR once a year up there.

Eddyville is fun and we do go there, this is just a group.

spring kickoff

MN Fords is having a cruise on April 21 if anyone wants to attend. Starts in Shoreview and ends in St.Francis. Its open to public with Fords. Details at mnfords.com. Look under forum public events. I plan on driving my anny. Rick.

MN Fords is having a cruise on April 21 if anyone wants to attend. Starts in Shoreview and ends in St.Francis. Its open to public with Fords. Details at mnfords.com. Look under forum public events. I plan on driving my anny. Rick.

I did it last year and will probably attend again this year, gotta finish my car here first.

Well the exhaust is on but leaks like a siv, now we get to make as custom v band for the manifolds :eek:

Xr7

Picking up 89 plain jane XR7 on sat. Mainly for parts for the 2 SC. Its rusty. But runs good.
Joe did you get your heads yet? My tires got back ordered but are suppose to be here next week.
Rick

Picking up 89 plain jane XR7 on sat. Mainly for parts for the 2 SC. Its rusty. But runs good.
Joe did you get your heads yet? My tires got back ordered but are suppose to be here next week.
Rick

Hey Rick, Yes i did. the heads are on and car runs awesome. We got to meet up. Im planning on being at the cruise coming up and the apple valley show.

Back