Is there a formal SC club of NorCal?

rawmacias

Is there a formal Northern Cal chapter or just a bunch of norcal sc owners? I have tried to find info on get togethers , shows or runs to no avail. I've had my 93 sc five spd (58000 mi) since 95. Would be nice to be a part of . Live here in Merced, central Calif. Anyhow, it's great to see that there is still some interest in these cars.

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself. I am planning on starting my 35th up after the rebuild hopefully this coming week and would like to start taking it out. I live in the bay area in Burlingame about 10min south of SFO.

Dan

there are a few of us down here in san jose area we get together maybe twice a summer or so...we'd like to see some new faces

We tend to be spread out alll around the bay area, there are a few non-SC Tbirds around here also.

I parked my SC at my cousin's house to repair the door striker .. havent seen it for over a month now !! :eek:

- Dan

Well since you are in Central Cali, it just so happens that I am in Central Calu also. I havent been to any "meets" yet but I have been out there with Dan. If everyone from the Nor Cal chapter is like him then this chapter is the one to be a part of. My SC is currently having transmission problems but as soon as I get her runni.g againmaybe we can meet up somewhere.

-Fernando

I love me some Mexican food now if we can get my tune loaded and a couple last min things done I should be good to go i'll keep everyone post goal is for this Friday night to finally get it started...fingers crossed things keep going wrong, i.e. right now having throttle linkage issues but I think we got it figured out.

Well if I can get my SC to be reliable on a long trip..I'M IN for a MEET!!:cool:
Tacos sounds like a GREAT IDEA!!!!:p:D

-Fernando

mine is in the shop getting vbands, cutouts, new tips, and FMIC piping welded up as we speak...

so maybe if this weather holds up we can do something...or as soon as the good weather comes back (if it ever gets rainy :confused:)

My car is still at my cousin's .. I am waiting for this donor SC to come in so I can shop a section out where the door striker is - my cousin insists on replacing the sheet metal, the previous repair job did not hold up when the door hinge pin fell out and the door slammed shut .. ehhh, but with a new TIG welder this thing should be welding much better, the 220 MIG blows through sheet metal like paper.

I am hoping to get it back by the end of February / early March, then I will be down to bring the SC around again. Its still driveable, I just dont want to delay on getting this thing repaired .. :D

- Dan

NorCal rides

Finally able to get back to this thread and am happily surprised to see an interest in maybe getting a run together. It seems we're all a couple hr's ride from each other. Best of all some nice mountain roads between! It's up to us since there is no formal club. How about a near future run to Shaky Town (Hollister) or there abouts? Maybe on a Saturday , a month or two or three from now? Can swap info/parts, stories, ideas.

Back