87-92 Keyless entry upgrade (Plug and Play)

r1dd1ck913

This is a plug and play upgrade to your 87-92 bird or cougar that all ready has key less entry. This module keeps all the factory functions of the key pad and adds that ability to have a key fob. How ever the panic button will not work unless you hook up two wires that I leave on the module just in case you want to wire in that function. One wire is for the horn and the other wire is an output for the running lights.

My price is 80 shipped for one that comes with 2 fobs, 70 shipped for one that have 1 fob, or if you have your own fobs with the FCC ID of GQ43VT4T that you want to use I will send you one for 60 shipped.

I think this is a fair price considering the cost and time that would be involved getting a after market unit installed. And also my cost and time to get the parts and put them together.

Also note that I am using factory ford parts. So you know it should last. Thanks
IMG_0171.jpg

Right Now There Is No Waiting List

Last edited:
One sold to 275hptbirdsc. I still have one more ready to go with one remote. I will post pics soon as it is a different unit.

Got mine today aswell and I installed it, I cant test it since the car is stored and tore apart but im sure it will work:cool: Thanks!

OK well so far 4 sold. The list is down to one person. I will be going out Wednesday and picking up more parts to build more units. Any one else interested?

I'm interested in getting one at some point, maybe not right away, there are more important things to get(always something more important, but some fun stuff can move up the list).

Whats the key FOB look like? Is it a ford model part or a generic? PIC?

Well there is still a little bit of a waiting list. And right now at this point I can't go to the yard and get parts since its snowing. But to answer your question they are used ford factory remotes I buy off ebay.
Like HERE.

Well I would like to get on this list of important people who are getting one :D Does the type of fob make a difference whether or not it works for your setup? What I meant is do other ford key fobs work?

As far as I know only ford key fobs with the FCC ID of GQ43VT4T work. I have a newer ford fob that I will try. I will post what happens.

Random question, does the keyless entry system just unlock the doors or can it do more? I apologize in advance if this question has been answered already in the past

Back