87-92 Keyless entry upgrade (Plug and Play)

function

It can lock, unlock doors and pop the trunk. You can also set new unlock codes.
Some interesting notes:

5 digit code == Driver's door.

Within 30 seconds, the second button (3/4) == passenger door.

Within 30 seconds of the 5 digit code, third button (5/6) == trunk.

Any time, the right two buttons (7/8 and 9/0) simultaneously == lock all locks.

'Tis fun, 'tis, 'tis.

Similar and unrelated - on the 1991, trunk button in glove box only works in ACC/RUN not with key off.

RwP

Last edited:
Yea what he said. It also has a panic button on the fob but in order for it to work you would have to run two wires. One for the horn and one for the lights.

What a handy device, I am definitely getting one when they are available. Please pm me when you have one ready with 2 fobs and its my turn of course :)

I got mine and it works like a charm just need to figure out were to wire the lights in. I know it is the brown wire off the box but I dont have a clue wher to wire it to on the car. This is the real deal though my 92 has keyless on the doors and trunk.

I would like to clear things up on what happened with Kurt. I was in the middle of moving and had no internet at the time with that said I know that is not a good excuse. I have sent his out some time ago and I hope he has gotten it. I have also sent him a message asking what I can do to make things right as this is not how I want to do business. With that said I lost my job today so now I have the time to build some more of the keyless entry modules. I have the stuff to put 3 together right now I'm just waiting for the remotes I ordered to show up. So if anyone is interested in one I will start putting a few together asap. Thanks

All is Good!

It showed up last week. Nice work.

Chris,
Thanks for getting things squared away. I will do business with you again.

Is this kit still available by any chance?

Looks like he hasn't been around for awhile.

I made one a few years ago for my car. I may be able to make one for you or at least show you what to do. Parts will be a little harder to come by now though, I think.

That's too bad as this would be an excellent cheap upgrade! Any chance on a parts list to perform this upgrade with junkyard parts? I have a 94 donor car with keyless entry (with fob) and would love to have this installed on my 93 with keypad entry.

That's all your really need.

Basically, cut your keyless entry box apart to get the box-side of the connector, solder the wiring from the remote keyless box to the "board" from the old box, then plug and go.

I think there are two wires that you'd have to run independently - to your park lamps and to the horn....neither are required though.

I bought one of the retrofitted unit from him. I installed it in my 90, still working great.
Let me know if you need part number or any info
If you don’t mind cutt My two wire I also installed an after market unit in my 1993

If anyone would like this built and has the parts, I can do it do you...this is a really simple upgrade (especially compared to the MK8 Dash swap wiring I've done..lol)

I can make some time to do the work, but can't promise that I can set aside the time to find the parts right now - especially the keyfobs. You can buy them on eBay though.

Anyway, if you really want one, but don't have the means or desire to DIY, send me a PM.

Back