Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Charging Thunder Magazines

WTB: Charging Thunder Magazines

Hey team,

I'm looking to buy the complete series of charging thunder magazines. I have full intentions to get them digitized and published into the members section of the SCCoA.

PM me

I purchased a full set a few years ago. I have no intentions of selling, but am willing to help out with publishing them on the site.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

Ryan,

Let me try to get a set first. The issue is that professional scanning service providers cannot guarantee that the magazines won't be damaged. They have to dismantle the magazines, scan them, and attempt to reassemble them.

Would be nice to view those but I have a feeling that whoever sells and publishes these magazines or newsletters, isn't going to want them posted online for free/even for members. It may be illegal, great thought though, but might want to read the small print on the newsletters and contact publisher(somebody on here) first.

They were published by the club, for the club. They are a little piece of history that need to be retained and available to current membership. I'll seek permission from the only remaining active SCCoA founder once I source a set of magazines.

Which ones do you need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

All of them. As close to a complete collection as possible.

I think it is wounderful you have taken this on...when checking all the tabs on the site I saw the back issues and thought that it would be nice to see them archieved...way to go!!! Thanks!

Unfortunately, as this platform gets older and members move on we are losing valuable historic data. I am attempting to 'do something' and capture as much remaining print about the super coupe as possible. Chargin' Thunder is my first stop.

Thumbs up

Hello Tom,

I really like your idea and hopefully someone can help out. Big thumbs up!

Dan

I also have a complete set and would be willing to help if we can find a place that will assure they are not damaged...
    1995 SC: Black, 18" Saleens, Forged Pistons, Bored .20 Over, SS Valves, Cam, MP CAI, C&L 80MM MAF, MP 85MM TB, 1.7 AR Twin Screw, MP Raised Top, MP FMIC, Ported Heads & Manifold, 60lb Injectors, BHJ Balancer, March Polished Pulleys, 255 LPH Fuel Pump, Borla Exhaust, Cobra Brakes, Dirty Dawg Transmission, Cobra Rear with 3.73's, and a whole lotta "Magic" from from the master SC mechanic, David Dalke!

Marcos and Ryan. I did a fair bit of searching for a service provider around where you two live and was unable to find anything. I'd rather avoid shipping so for the time being I'll continue to peruse getting my own set.

Tom, what are you trying to do? My home scanner can scan the pages in as a pdf to be made into a file for each issue.
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

Ryan,

Your arm will fall off, trust me. What I plan on doing is getting them professional disassembled, scanned, and reassembled. I did a lot of archiving with my 4.5L SVO project and believe me when I say it sucks doing it with a home scanner. You've helped me with the oil catch cans, canton tanks but manually scanning hundreds of pages? That is the limit!

Well thanks, I didn't actually plan on scanning them as I got other stuff to work on, but the capability is there if anyone wants to give it the at home shot.
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage