WTB: Charging Thunder Magazines

What kind of disk? Floppy disk? Zip disk?

That's what I asked myself. He said disc

Disc = CDROM\Optical Drive media

Disk = Floppy Disk\ 3 1/2" Old school media

I'm sure Tom will be able to do either.

Hope he's not talking about the 5 1/4" :eek:

Another suggestion for doing it at home is photographing the magazines.

With a decent digital camera, small tripod and some creative lighting it could work well. You could shoot 2 pages at once.

An idea would be to use a piece of non glare glass (slightly frosted surface) to hold the pages flat. They use this glass in picture frames. Then get the lighting angle good and click away.

If you place the lights, one an each side, I believe at 45 degree angles, it should not reflect...Make sure you are exactly 90degrees to the thing you are copying.

I would love to read the articles of Chargin Thunder. I haven't seen one issue. And I don't currently have access to any of them. Considering that the Mustang guys get multiple new articles a month for their reading pleasure, available at any newsstand, and we have zilch. I'm sure there may be a somewhat small, but dedicated group, including myself, of T-Birders that would be willing to pay a small fee for the issues that can be reprinted or consolidated on one web page. Personally, I like holding the real magazine in my hands. I'm interested in how this all works out.

How many magazines were produced? I have 4 of these that my buddy who got out of supercoupes gave me a few years back.

chris

I can read the disks and change them to a cd, One of my camera card readers has a 3.5 floppy in it that I bought to run a raid array on xp.
Alan

Wow, this thread really exploded. Good interest in this.

Just sent Bill an email to try and get the digital versions. I'm hoping that the media is not corrupted. If it ends up working out I'll pdf and web optimize them for viewing.

This has been put on ice until new site management takes over. I will still peruse a set to digitized as a personal back up but they will not be made available. :(

Well that sucks:( I would love to have seen them and a change of leadership could still be a long way off if it happens at all.

Mark

I don't think I have a full set still, but I do have quite a few of them. I joined back in 1999, and I think they were printed even before that time too.

I forget which one, but one of them has a much younger picture of me in there, holding my broken driveshaft in my hands 1000 miles away from home, LOL..

Jeramie

Back