"Supercharged" scripted trim

Toms-SC

Team,

I'm in talks with a experienced vinyl print shop about getting the "Supercharged" scripted trim pieces reproduced to as near OEM specifications as possible. I envision them being a wrap around design, not just a sticker applied to the outward facing surface, this should act to prevent possible pealing.

Assuming he gives the go ahead to ship the samples would any others be interested in a set?

fE8zH.jpg

The originals are letters injected with white/gray rubber/urethane. FYI.

Wrap around might not be so hot since the new film will probably not match to the rest of the door trim

Decals of the letters will be better IMO.

I said as close to the originals as possible. Some of the letters in the font Ford used is unique. :)

Not a bad idea about just getting the letters done up. I'll get their opinion on it taking into account some folks black trim is no longer 100% black. :D

I have a set on my black car just like the ones above. I would really like for them to pop more. You can barely see it unless you know what to look for. Are you talking about making new trim pieces or just a decal/sticker to go over existing trim. I would like to see the lettering in chrome...but that's just me

I think stickers will disappoint. The letters are so small they will peel whenever you wash the car. I would be interested in an adhesive stencil so that that could be applied then whatever color you want painted on, then stencil removed.

I would definitely be interested in a set of stencils to be able to paint this on. I agree that would probably have the best results for durability.

Plan to paint the XR7 this winter. So as usual, if I can not find it, I do it myself... Selling the 4 spare pairs here.
:eek:

Last edited:
Back