Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: intercooler

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    137

    intercooler

    Hey guys i got a good front mount used intercooler.. it has to be mounted in between the bumper and rad.. i have a few pics of teh previous instal but does anyone have some good pics of how they mounted theres.. i could us some tips... look slike i may have to run the tubes out beside the battery and air cleaner.... ideas pls...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by animalguy10 View Post
    Hey guys i got a good front mount used intercooler.. it has to be mounted in between the bumper and rad.. i have a few pics of teh previous instal but does anyone have some good pics of how they mounted theres.. i could us some tips... look slike i may have to run the tubes out beside the battery and air cleaner.... ideas pls...
    I dont have pictures of my install, but it is located in the same location. On both sides of the intercooler I got 180 degree bends coming out and going right under the battery tray and other one beside the air filter.
    Dzmitry Batsiai - President of the Super Coupe club of Ontario
    Black 90 ARed SC: 11.832@119.88 at 2009 Shootout

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Payton View Post
    I dont have pictures of my install, but it is located in the same location. On both sides of the intercooler I got 180 degree bends coming out and going right under the battery tray and other one beside the air filter.
    you are welcome to stop by and take a look. I live in Newmarket.
    Dzmitry Batsiai - President of the Super Coupe club of Ontario
    Black 90 ARed SC: 11.832@119.88 at 2009 Shootout

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Delta, BC, Canada
    Posts
    615
    Here's a thread to help get you started.

    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123439

    Regards

    Sean
    '91 White 5-Speed

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Brantford, ON
    Posts
    5,375
    Quote Originally Posted by animalguy10 View Post
    Hey guys i got a good front mount used intercooler.. it has to be mounted in between the bumper and rad.. i have a few pics of teh previous instal but does anyone have some good pics of how they mounted theres.. i could us some tips... look slike i may have to run the tubes out beside the battery and air cleaner.... ideas pls...
    If you get a chance to see my old car that Ryan Harris has, it has a good setup and is easy to do without cutting anything.

    Fraser

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,954
    Quote Originally Posted by fturner View Post
    If you get a chance to see my old car that Ryan Harris has, it has a good setup and is easy to do without cutting anything.

    Fraser
    Paul was out at night time, so he didn't get a real great look at it then. You're more than welcome to come out for a better look though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,954
    Here is a link to a thread from the main board. It has lots of good other links, and some good pictures for you too.

    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123799

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    137

    intercooler

    Id really like not to cut anything....it seems to get one that fits proper im looking upwards of 1300 usd... geshhhh.
    Ryan i wouldnt coming by in the light to get a good look at your set up.. be fore i get frustrated and buy a direct fit one.
    Ryan does yours have in and out on same side.. my intercooler has oposite end inand out makes it hard to NOT cut...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    137

    Fmic

    OKay so ryan i may come have a look again if thats okay or perhaps i can see Dzmitry's in newmarket.. seeing as i work there...
    gettgin pretty frustrated trying to mount the tubing directions.

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Spearco Liquid/Air Intercooler Set Up
    By supercatxr7 in forum Parts for Sale
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 02:12 AM
  2. Guaging interest in a stock location Liquid Intercooler kit
    By Conan56 in forum New Products and Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 05:52 PM
  3. intercooler leak
    By 90blkbrd in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 06:48 PM
  4. Double Intercooler vs. Front Mount
    By plev72 in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-19-2002, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •