Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1991 SC safetied and e-tested, $2500 o.b.o Ontario

1991 SC safetied and e-tested, $2500 o.b.o Ontario

1991 ford thunderbird SC, 3.8l supercharged,automatic transmission, lots of power this car is very fun to drive, just saftetied and e-tested within the last month.. It's got a nice stereo system with the stock jbl door speakers and a kenwood deck and amp, 2 big mtx subwoofers in the trunk. car has no rust whatsoever as it has usually been stored through the winters..the car is running well but the 2 things i would reccomend doing for it is a new fuel pump and a front tie rod end.. the fuel pump is causing hard starting when cold and hard idling.,, other than that it runs great once its fired up and you can find fuel pumps very cheap..let me know if you are interested,, 2500 o.b.o.. located in ontario, canada,120,000 km
    Last edited by 91supecoupe; 02-20-2012 at 11:48 AM.

pics of the car
    Attached Images Attached Images     

How many km's on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by 92strokedbird View Post
    How many km's on the car?
    120k?
    http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ355464274
    Dzmitry Batsiai - President of the Super Coupe club of Ontario
    Black 90 ARed SC: 11.832@119.88 at 2009 Shootout

yeah its got 120,000 km

still for sale, tie rod end has been fixed

can a canadian car be imported and registered into the US?

im not sure i wouldnt be the guy to talk to on that one, sorry

Does anybody on here know about this? I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I only have experince bringing them in to Canada but the 2 key points seem to be..

Seat Belts and Daytime running lights.

The cdn cars have the seat belt system that the US cars went to in I believe 94 so you should be fine there. The big plus here is no track motors or BS.

I'm not sure either make had daytime running lights in 90 but if required for current registration its just a module ($100-200).

If anything I think the cdn car will be closer to todays requirements than a comparable US car.

Paul

I only have experience going the other direction, INTO Canada.
    My first SuperCoupe(1990) I bought from a guy who had bought
    it here in the United States, then AFTER buying it found out
    he couldn't import it into Canada because of the PASSIVE SEAT BELTS!!
    AFAIK, there isn't a problem bringing a Canada SuperCoupe into
    the United States, but if I were looking to purchase this SC, I would
    ask my local BMV just to be sure.

In order to import a Canadian intended car into the United States, that car must abide by the safety requirements of the United States for passive restraints (air bags or auto belts) if built after July, 1989. Since Canadian cars did not have passive restraints until (?), the car would have to be retrofitted once imported, before being registered.

That was the essence of the rule when I brought my '89 into the States (June build date) in 1995. I don't know if they relaxed the rule due to the age of the vehicle but I would doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1HUMINBIRD View Post
    In order to import a Canadian intended car into the United States, that car must abide by the safety requirements of the United States for passive restraints (air bags or auto belts) if built after July, 1989. Since Canadian cars did not have passive restraints until (?), the car would have to be retrofitted once imported, before being registered.

That was the essence of the rule when I brought my '89 into the States (June build date) in 1995. I don't know if they relaxed the rule due to the age of the vehicle but I would doubt it.

I'm confused. ?????

Paul

Why confused? Here is the question asked, "can a canadian car be imported and registered into the US?" I answered it based on my experience exporting my Canadian car to the US. That was the original question.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/impo...da03262010.pdf
    Last edited by 1HUMINBIRD; 03-08-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added link to NHTSA.GOV for importing cars to USA

Thanks for clarifying everyone, much appreciated. Good luck with the sale, if I wasn't in the US I would be all over this