Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Reports of my Death have been Greatly Exaggerated

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    824

    The Reports of my Death have been Greatly Exaggerated

    Hey everybody ... remember me? Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth for a while. It was not my intention, it just happened that way. I appoligize for the lack of communition over the past year.

    As some have posted, the multi-club event I was hoping to put together fell thru because no one wanted to sponsor it, work it, or even help organize it. At that point, Al and I actually planned to put on a "fun day" but then his job title changed and he had to begin putting in a "butt-load" of extra hours.

    Then, In April everything begain to really fall apart. At the beginning of June I took a bad spill off of my mountian bike and I got busted up pretty bad. As of today I'm back to about 95%. I still have some issues.

    On top of all that, my play money has been very tight.

    ON THE BRIGHT SIDE:
    I hope to be able to put the '91 back on the road this spring. I contacted TriState Raceway to let them know we want one or maybe both of our dates back. They would love to have us back!

    SO, A QUESTION: Is anyone interested in doing a "fun day" event? If we plan it right, we could do it on the day that they run the "Street Legal, Compact" event and we could race for cash in that class. The ONLY rule in the class is that you must run a street legal tire. Drag Radials fit the rule. Just NO slicks.

    So sound off ... tell me what you think, or just tell me off!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by forcfed93 View Post
    Hey everybody ... remember me? Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth for a while. It was not my intention, it just happened that way. I appoligize for the lack of communition over the past year.

    As some have posted, the multi-club event I was hoping to put together fell thru because no one wanted to sponsor it, work it, or even help organize it. At that point, Al and I actually planned to put on a "fun day" but then his job title changed and he had to begin putting in a "butt-load" of extra hours.

    Then, In April everything begain to really fall apart. At the beginning of June I took a bad spill off of my mountian bike and I got busted up pretty bad. As of today I'm back to about 95%. I still have some issues.

    On top of all that, my play money has been very tight.

    ON THE BRIGHT SIDE:
    I hope to be able to put the '91 back on the road this spring. I contacted TriState Raceway to let them know we want one or maybe both of our dates back. They would love to have us back!

    SO, A QUESTION: Is anyone interested in doing a "fun day" event? If we plan it right, we could do it on the day that they run the "Street Legal, Compact" event and we could race for cash in that class. The ONLY rule in the class is that you must run a street legal tire. Drag Radials fit the rule. Just NO slicks.

    So sound off ... tell me what you think, or just tell me off!!!
    I am really interested at least for the spring. I have the ET streets but dont know if my skinnys would be ok for that class. Nice to have you back

    Ken

    93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, water intercooled..yet to see

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Altoona IA
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    I am really interested at least for the spring. I have the ET streets but dont know if my skinnys would be ok for that class. Nice to have you back

    Ken
    Your ET Streets are bias ply and not a radial. Mike would have to tell you if they are still acceptable.

    Running your street tires would put us on a level playing field.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    6,104
    Quote Originally Posted by 90blkbrd View Post
    Your ET Streets are bias ply and not a radial. Mike would have to tell you if they are still acceptable.

    Running your street tires would put us on a level playing field.
    That shouldn't matter as long as they are DOT approved tires. I run ET Streets so I can compete in both Street Tire events and Slick Tire events
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    That shouldn't matter as long as they are DOT approved tires. I run ET Streets so I can compete in both Street Tire events and Slick Tire events
    ET streets, Kind of saids it all in the name Michael is just wanting to see if his Z06 can beat an SC and looking for an edge to do so. He will likely suggest I run my Nittos for a couple of runs just to see if he can pull off an upset I am just wondering if the skinnys are runnable as street tires or is all the requirement concerning the traction tire?

    Ken

    93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, water intercooled..yet to see

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    6,104
    Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    I am just wondering if the skinnys are runnable as street tires or is all the requirement concerning the traction tire?

    Ken
    Are they DOT approved? My 17" M&H skinnies are DOT approved.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    824
    The tires must say "DOT approved"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    3,800
    I am in. Good to hear from you Mike!
    Honor, Grace and Dignity......Remember these

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    51
    i'm interested what are the dates,
    David

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Glendale Heights IL
    Posts
    245
    When and where? I'm interested but I am in Chicago so there's a bit of planning that would be required to make it for sure. But at this point I'm down.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Altoona IA
    Posts
    3,222
    Just trying to help you out Mike.

    From another forum Mike posted "it looks like the date would be around the 2nd weekend in April".

    Going from the link below:

    http://www.tristateraceway.com/sched...dule-print.htm

    He normally has always had the Club Clash on the same day as a "Test & Tune".

    Mike,

    You may already know this...but I thought I would bring it up.

    From another local forum they are having a track day on May 19th, 2012. So I asked how they were able to get that date. Here is his response.

    "So i called the track manager, and he said as long the date doesn't have "special events" which are labeled in colors, there is always test and tune. So i picked a date with no colored lettering."

    The link I gave above doesn't have colors, but if you go to http://www.tristateraceway.com/ and then click on Schedule you can see events that are in a color other than black.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    3,800
    Hey,

    This is NOT a Vette forum.


    I have to get busy. New upper and lower control arms up front, Mark VIII lowers in the rear with diff and clutch and trans swap. AAAWWWEEE!!!

    Least this will get me motivated.
    Honor, Grace and Dignity......Remember these

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Altoona IA
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofPrey97 View Post
    Hey,

    This is NOT a Vette forum.


    I have to get busy. New upper and lower control arms up front, Mark VIII lowers in the rear with diff and clutch and trans swap. AAAWWWEEE!!!

    Least this will get me motivated.
    Quit spending so much time being jealous and get to work on that SC.

    Update:

    From http://www.midwestthundercats.com/fo...=0&#entry93550

    "It would be the END of April .... 28th or 29th "

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    3,800
    I cant get to midwest site do to "thundercats" being in the title and that was a cartoon, so it has been blocked.
    Honor, Grace and Dignity......Remember these

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    3,800
    So who is going?

    Saturday I have to put the 2.73 Mark Viii diff in and get all 4 wheels aligned over in Omaha. If it's too late to head up to MN I will drive over there with the Bird, but won't be racing.

    Going to be in Dubuque tonight through Friday afternoon for Safety conferences with the State of Iowa. Anyone wants to get together over there and enjoy a few cold ones or a meal let me know.
    Honor, Grace and Dignity......Remember these

Similar Threads

  1. CarFax Reports
    By franky_402 in forum Group Purchases / Specials
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •